Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 12:54AM

In an earlier thread I talked about my frustrations with the evangelical trolls that I was having. That thread was closed, but while reading comments, I noticed a couple never mos who thought the thread was aimed at them. I also noticed a couple of trouble makers who used it to do what they always do.

I will clarify. There are plenty of never mos who belong on this board. People with family members who are in the church or other closed loved ones, people living in communities heavily populated by Mormons, close friends or family members of ex-mos, or even the simple curious. A good deal of you are even evangelical, and that is not the problem.

The problem is a certain type of person who wants to tell us what we believed in Mormons or did not believe, or simply want to attack the church because it is different from their own. It's kind of like someone who hates the soldiers of an enemy country, because they wear different uniforms, while ignoring the fact that they are a bunch of fascist. I hope this clears everything up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:02AM

specifically who the 'trouble makers' are in that thread you just mentioned. Because I just posted in there and I also read through most of the posts and I didn't see anyone making trouble and you've used the plural so you obviously saw more than one.

So which posters specifically do you see as the 'trouble makers' in that thread?

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 11:26AM

That was a "clarification" not an "apology"

Timothy

Date: February 01, 2012 12:15PM

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 12:19PM

1. It was obviously a clarification, not an apology. Can you point out an apology anywhere in the original post? If not, why would you say "apology accepted?"

2. The OP doesn't owe you an explanation for anything.

3. This kind of response to Timothy is immature. Do you have any reason to assume Timothy is forbiddencokedrinker? If not, why would you even ask that question?

4. You still never responded to the many requests in the past for you to provide evidence for your god. Don't think we've all forgotten just because a few weeks have gone by. At least admit you have none.

5. Project much?

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 12:24PM

notmo doesnt seem to like other people commenting on an open phorum...hmmm...anyway I think it was nice for cokeman to clarify...let me go look at the thread...be right back! :)

Date: February 01, 2012 12:37PM

Then indeed they do "owe" an explanation to the rest of us.

Unlike demanding that someone give an explanation for their personal beliefs.

Timothy constantly inserts himself in a rude manner in posts on the subject of Christianity because he hates those who believe in God; therefore my rudeness to him is justified.

I'll ask again...which posters were 'trouble-makers' on that thread? I didn't see any.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 12:39PM

I think you just answered yur own question, notmo, by your own actions.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 12:45PM

(Not you, Lost. The person you replied to.)

Posted by: smorg ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 12:47PM

lostinutah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you just answered yur own question, notmo,
> by your own actions.

1+ that and kudos to forbiddencokedrinker, too. I'm a nevermo and didn't think the thread was meant to attack any other reasonable posters. The clarification wasn't even necessary, but a classy gesture from forbiddencokedrinker. He certainly doesn't owe anyone any apology, imho.

Date: February 01, 2012 02:36PM

you know, the ones who were compared to fascists and accused of being trolls?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 12:55PM

I've never seen Timothy be rude. What I do see in his posts is someone who does not suffer fools gladly. It may be a fine line, but it is there.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 12:48PM

"Timothy constantly inserts himself in a rude manner in posts on the subject of Christianity because he hates those who believe in God; therefore my rudeness to him is justified."

So...it's OK to be rude to those who disgaree with you? And you wonder who the troublemaker is?

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:44PM

notmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Timothy constantly inserts himself in a rude
> manner in posts on the subject of Christianity
> because he hates those who believe in God;
> therefore my rudeness to him is justified.

Wouldn't the Christianity teaching of turn the other cheek say rudeness is not justified?

Helen - not a Christian

Date: February 01, 2012 02:53PM

then who were the nevermos on the thread he was referring to when he said, >I noticed a couple never mos who thought the thread was aimed at them?< and since I was the only evangelical nevermo on the thread, and he had accused me in the precursor to that thread of being a troll who shouldn't be allowed to post about Mormonism, I thought the apology applied to me.

And again, who were the trouble makers?

Because there were no trouble makers and I think it is disingenuous to make false accusations simply the purpose of making problems on the forum.

Date: February 01, 2012 02:09PM

You stated the following:
> I also noticed a couple of trouble makers who used it to do what they always do...The problem is a certain type of person who wants to tell us what we believed in Mormons or did not believe, or simply want to attack the church because it is different from their own. It's kind of like someone who hates the soldiers of an enemy country, because they wear different uniforms, while ignoring the fact that they are a bunch of fascist. I hope this clears everything up.<

These are strong words. Prior to this you referred to these people as trolls (I believe that is against board rules.) To which posters in that thread were you referring; specifically?

Date: February 01, 2012 02:12PM

You're demanding that forbiddencokedrinker back up what they said in a previous thread, even though you refuse to do so yourself. That's hipocrisy.

First provide evidence for you god as has been demanded of you so many times.

THEN you can ask other folks to back up their claims.

Physicial, heal thyself. Start with taking the beam out of your eyeball...

Date: February 01, 2012 02:12PM

Date: February 01, 2012 12:56PM

I'm very sorry your god doesn't exist and you can't seem to come to grips with that fact.

Oh, and I don't hate christians. I just think they're delusional. I’m very sorry about that as well, but there’s not much I can do about it.

Other than point it out that is.

I’m also sorry you get mad whenever your delusion is challenged.

Wait, let me clarify. What I’m trying to say is “I don’t give a s**t!”

Too rude?

Love,

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2012 12:59PM by Timothy.

Posted by: Rosyjenn (I can haz password? ) ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:19PM

Timothy hates cookies, silk blouses and puppies too. He always interjects his hateful words in every thread he gets a chance to. I mean, can you imagine hating cookies?!!!

Don't worry, he just likes to hate on everything. Haters gonna hate.

But those Christians....he hates them so much he even kicked a Christian puppy once. I hear he once he knows someone is Christian he throws darts on their pictures or names.

Date: February 01, 2012 01:26PM

You wrote:

" ... once he knows someone is Christian he throws darts on their pictures or names."

Spit-wads, yes. I'm a semi-pro Dartist so, no, I wouldn't waste a good dart on a christian.

I hate when people make stuff up about me!

Wait, there I go a hatin' again!

Timothy

Posted by: Voce d' Sicce ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:59PM

I realize that once you've got the bit 'tween your teeth (sorry, couldn't resist) . . . but there are other options.

Personally, I like fiery darts . . . far more entertaining.

S

Date: February 01, 2012 02:03PM

I shall have to consider re-considering my position.

Always a pleasure!

Timothy

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:19PM

Don't feel bad notmo. You're not the only person suffering from delusion, if in fact you are.

If you run into anyone who doesn't acknowledge they also are delusional, then you know you've got company.

Put me down as delusional, but not delusional enough to wrestle with the imaginary ape of mormonism.

And I have the greatest admiration for those who got out of the grip of the hairy, shapeless mormon ape. It's a hell of an accomplishment and helped blaze the trail for what is happening now to tscc - and blazing the way for people to find a better life, escape the pain of the mormon church, log on here and be made fun of for being still slightly delusional. JK.

Date: February 01, 2012 02:06PM

I'm not angry in the least bit.

Just pointing out that you are rude..why does that make me mad or angry?

Date: February 01, 2012 02:09PM

I don't think you're angry. I think you're delusional.

You just get angry whenever someone challenges your delusion is all I'm sayin'.

Timothy

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 02:17PM

It makes his kind feel they are justified in their beliefs. It makes his kind feel good about their pitiful, meaningless lives.

Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:46PM

I'm a troublemaker...
If I'm delusional, that's fine with me. I want there to be a heaven, its nice to think that people who work so hard to make life better for others will get some reward for their efforts in an afterlife. However, I have great respect for those atheists who work hard to make life better for everyone. They do it with no hope or expectation of a reward. And in a way, that's more admirable.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 01:51PM

What do you think you're doing--putting such deep thoughts into well chosen words? You trying to single-handledly bring this thread down?

Date: February 01, 2012 01:53PM

And, if so, what's the point of it?

Date: February 01, 2012 02:18PM

... it ain't gonna happen.

I'd really like to see the likes of Smith & Young roasting on a spit above the river Styx.

Ah, yet another cruel trick brought on by religion.

Timothy

Date: February 01, 2012 02:03PM

your posts on that thread did not seem at all like the definition of a trouble maker. And your admission does not make "Coke's" accusation justifiable.

And yes, we all love everyone who 'tries to make the world a better place'.

kumbaya

Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 02:21PM

Idk what I think about hell, if heaven's all it's cracked up to be, then not being there would pretty much suck...

Sorry blue orchid & notmo, i'll try to be a bigger pain in the a**! LOL

Date: February 01, 2012 02:22PM

Date: February 01, 2012 02:40PM

was referring to since you are not evangelical (come on, you can't claim that title if you don't even believe in a hell).

So who on the thread are the troublemakers?

Not forgetting that the whole conversation began because 'Cokey' thinks nevermos don't have a right to be posting here.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 01, 2012 02:57PM

This is not the place to come to troll for new converts for ANY religion. If we catch someone doing it, they will be shown the door.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.