Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sd ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 01:14PM

I got some unsettling news last weekend. My dear Nephew who has been out on a mission to an unnamed Carribean island for about a year called me on the phone. He is home. Apparently returned for some unknown previously unconfessed sin. Now for the strange part. He says he has been released, that he will be home for six months (apparently to cure the sins) and then will return to the Carribean to complete his mission. Surprisingly, he says there have been five other missionaries in just his little mission who have done the same thing. I don't know what to think about this. I'm obviously, angry that he will suffer in any way at the hands of the Morg. But I have to wonder. What has changed? Back in my day if you got sent home you stayed home, life ruined, end of story. Has the Church grown a heart? Did they finally recognize all the lives they were destroying? Is the new generation just not made of the same stuff? If the bar really got raised, why are they needing to re-tread so many of the missionaries they have? I feel for the kid. He doesn't deserve it. Has anyone else out there heard about this phenomenon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 01:23PM

Not uncommon. Now a young man or woman can be sent home for more reasons, including more unresolved past sins, but can return, if desired, reflecting the decreasing number of missionaries. Had a neighbor boy who went through this cycle twice. Out, home, out, home. Was about to head out again when it came out that his girl friend was preggers. Oops. Sin from time at home during first return. Went out, borrowed a bullet bike and crashed into an oncoming truck, killing self. Father told me he would prefer son in a pine box than sinning. Ugh!!!

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 02:23PM

They keep the boy on ice for 6 months where i'm sure he'll be told he has to maintain the lifestyle of a missionary. His 2 year mission is now 30 months. He is humiliated with groveling to his mission president. He is humiliated with the thought of embarassing his parents and family. He is humiliated by returning home dishonorably - if only for 6 months). He is humiliated by his home Bishop and SP for 6 months as they crawl up his sphincter and search for anything and everything they can before declaring this boy "worthy".

Sick muther f'n pharisees.

Please, somebody, anyone, tell me this is what following Christ is really suppose to be about.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 02:35PM

How do you resolve a past sin? That TSCC subjects its "sinners" to public humiliation and keeps records about past transgressions demonstrates that they don't believe in mercy (being released from a deserved punishment) or grace (unmerited favor).

Jer.31:34 “for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Psalms 103:12 our sins removed as far as the east is from the west.

Micha 7:19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 02:41PM

They have stepped in and taken over the job of God.
They will decide who is forgiven for what and when.
They will decide the rewards an punishments.
They will make a record of it that will follow that person the rest of their lives.
If successful, they will then take all the credit.

I've seen them destroy the lives of more than one young boy with their arrogant play acting of God.

Posted by: red pill ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 03:27PM

This is refining the indocrination process and accomplishing the goals of the church. It would be too easy to get out of a mission by simply admitting to a sin. I tried that in my interview with the Stake Pres before I left. He said to go home, pray, repent blah blah. Two weeks later, I received my mission call. Confused, I called the Pres and he said he thought I deserved to go on a mission and sent in my papers.

The church is the expert on changing strategies as time goes on. If You look at the fundamentalist mormons, they are what the church used to be. The church has to adapt to the internet, lowering public values, current fads, politics, etc. What ever happened to the wrist and ankle long garments of old? The church has never been consistent and will always be changing their story and perception of reality. Do you know any chronic liars? The church organization is a chronic liar. Unfortunatly, they will probably survive longer than any other religion because tomorrow, the prophet can declare "This has all been a test of faith up to know. Here is the revelation for our time!" This new revelation will always be for the survival of the church.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 10:12PM

Carol Y. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

+1 ! Agreed!

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 05:12PM

Its just a new way of applying the same old LDS BS.
the fact is that LDS INC likes sexual sin, the same way that auto insurance companies actually like car crashes. Oh sure they howl about having to deal with it, but they both use the situation to make ppl feel obligated to pay in / buy in.

Then there is dumb asses like me. I never sinned pre mission with my girl friend but was treated like I did anyway.
My friend, who screwed dozens of girls, every willing female with in a 13 county radius including his girlfriend MORNING NOON & NIGHT and time in between starting at age 13 for her,
a guy so much after the style of Pervert Joe, was made AP and given a full ride at BYU. Later they made the POS into a bishop, too.

Behind the scenes, I know he thinks he's cute with what he got away with. I didnt get away with any thing sexually and got treated like CRAP anyway because I never confessed. The fact that I did not have anything to confess to just did n't matter. Like I said, MORmONISM LOVES sexual sin.

Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 07:34PM

I thought our PAST sins were forgiven if we asked for it. This is so weird.

Posted by: gracewarrior ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 03:59AM

The public shaming is one of the reasons I stopped going to TSCC. They are psychologically abusing this young man. Hopefully he wakes up within 6 months and doesn't finish his mission. The cult is emotionally abusive and will continue to do more damage if he submits to their disciplinary actions.

Where was the discernment to prevent this "unworthy" young man from going on a mission? He went through countless interviews before his mission and not one of these servants of God knew?

Posted by: onlyme ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 09:58AM

I wonder if the 2 or 3 missionaries I've met that told me they were sent home mid-mission for "surgery" were actually sent home to repent?

Posted by: godesstogodless ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 11:40AM

probably masturbation problem. I remember a high council talk about raising the bar no pun intended. that if you had a masturbation problem no mission for you. masturbation nazis

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 02:15PM

I knew a YM who was at the Mtc then to the mission field and then back to 'take care of pending issues', then was sent back. I think he was home for about four months, could be six. I thought he was given a second chance because his father was serving as a Bishop. He was the only one I heard of, this was maybe 10 years ago.

Hey sd, you have six months to 'save' your nephew. =)

Posted by: red pill ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 02:26PM

I knew a bishop's son who was sent home to have a tatoo removed that he had done in the mission field. He went back to finish. I think it is a huge cry for help. He wanted to get sent home so bad he got a tatoo. In his mind he probably thought that it was a cool reason. Not like sin or not spiritual enough.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.