Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 01:08AM

what about this:

Say he is the Prez. He is a mormon. He will have a bishop. Even if he never set foot in the temple during his tenure, a good mormon always has a valid recommend. That means that his bishop will have to interview him as well as the stake prez.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that he gets an out on this. I'd bet they handle things differently for him.

Still.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 01:44AM

No Doubt: a member of the Q15 or FP will contact him & offer to sign his TR.

dynexim: Please, your IGNORANCE in resorting to name-calling is an insult to yourself...

I (we?) don't need that NOT AT ALL.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 01:59AM

(disclaimer - I've got no love for mittens, and I'm also democrat to the core)

Why would it matter if a president had a temple recommend interview. Many presidents in the past have had spiritual advisers of some sort. It's not like he'd be asked to divulge classified information or anything. I mean, I guess it would be kind of weird for a president to have to sit through a worthiness interview conducted by a lay clergy member, but it's not like it would be an issue or conflict of interest. It would simply be weird. Just like everything else related to mo & co., so why should this be different, right?

I don't think he'd want an "out" on this because public opinion seems to rise when presidents show their christianity, so he'd probably turn shaking the bishop's hand after into some sort of press opportunity.

What I do wonder about is what he'll do about Sundays. presidential church attendance is pretty well monitored by the media. We always see pictures of presidents at church on sunday. Pictures of him attending his sac meeting will be interesting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2012 02:12AM by wittyname.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 02:05AM

JFK confessed his sins to a priest. I don't see a lot of difference.

Date: February 08, 2012 02:11AM

exactly! Well, sort of exactly. A priest is less weird than lay clergy. Can you imagine it getting out that the president confesses his sins or seeks spiritual counsel from a dentist/CPA/Lawyer/Chiropractor who just happens to be the local LDS recreational clergy member?

Date: February 08, 2012 02:14AM

True, the priest at least has some training. but I am betting JFK had a lot more to confess. That could have been interesting.Mitt's confessions aren't going to involve Marilyn Monroe or Angie Dickinson.

Date: February 08, 2012 02:25AM

True, I'm sure his will involve consuming tea at as part of a tea ritual on a tour of japan, consuming food prepared with alcohol or something similarly sinful.

Date: February 08, 2012 02:43AM

LOL.The really big stuff.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 03:05AM

Mitt: Who the hell are you? Truth in Media?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.