Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 11:46AM

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/300542/The-mormons-are-coming-and-it-starts-with-Mitt-Romney

Too many TBM comments needed a bit of balance, so 'Buzzby' duly provided this. Which is particularly pleasing since the church PR machine has been in full swing today, sending the link to leaders and members because it is such a positive write-up.

Enjoy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 04:11PM

You definitely set the record straight.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 05:40PM

I agreed with everything Buzzby wrote except:

When I was beginning to doubt, I went to a GA (in those days they were more accessible) and asked him some questions, one of which was about the multiple versions of JS' first vision.

Answer: The church has acknowledged 8 different versions for many years. He gave me a copy of an Ensign (or was it ERA?) article which listed the 8 versions, along with an (inadequate) explanation of how members could reconcile them.

My point is, a TBM can point to that article and claim that LDS membership has been aware (or should have been aware) of the multiple versions... for years.

We all know that many grow up without having read all church literature. I, for one, had never heard of the other versions until a friend told me about them.

When he did, I began to entertain the possibility that the church was not true. I literally felt the "mantle of guilt" being lifted off my shoulders, and I was free to explore any & all controversial questions.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 05:32PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.