Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 09:43AM

I guess I should just be grateful that they left me alone for the last two month. But last night I got a voice mail from a guy in the Ward. I emailed him to see what he needed. Turns out he’s now the Stake Exec Secretary. The SP wants to meet with me tonight. I responded directly to the SP, asked him what the topic of the conversation would be, referred him to my previous email, and assured him that nothing has changed from my perspective.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,365666

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 09:51AM

I simultaneously find it amusing, curious, and irritating that the cult leaders expect others to abandon everything and anything else they might have scheduled in order to appear before them for what can only be one hour of browbeating and harrassment.

Date: February 15, 2012 10:06AM

I'm actually considering going. Not that they'll have any chance of re-converting me. But just as an intellectual exercise to see what strategies they use to try to persuade me.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 10:13AM

Explicitly state that their reading this letter is the only contact you will allow, except for a single letter of confirmation that you are no longer as a member.

lol,
peregrine

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 10:10AM

If you do want to meet with him then certainly you should have that meeting -- at a time and place of your choice.

If you have no desire to meet then I suggest that you be open and direct about telling him --

"Dear SP.

Please be advised that I currently have no desire or reason to meet with you. In the event that I change my mind, then I know how to get in touch with you. Do not take this personally as I have no animosity toward you. I simply do not wish to discuss anything about religion.

So in summary -- don't call me, I'll call you if I decide that I wish to speak with you.

Yours truly,
Bro. Peregrine"

Date: February 15, 2012 10:16AM

Last time they tried to meet with me they stood me up twice before I sent them an email telling the to go fly a kite.
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,365666
With that in mind I though about saying, “yes” but standing them up twice in a row to make a point. But I’m better than that and won’t play by their strategies.
If he responds at all to my “What do you want to talk about?” email I’ll suggest we meet at a little coffee shop less than a mile from the Stake Center.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.