Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 12:44PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 01:27PM

"My was that a lot of pompous hand waving and reads likes someone published their dissertation. To the headline at least the answer is "Yes Virginia, Mormons are bland." Trust me I was raised as one and I am astonished every time I return to Utah as to how bland they remain."

I looked up the author and he is currently professor the of History of Religion. Like Bushman his specialty is "polishing the turd" shall we say.

Posted by: josephsmyth ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 01:55PM

My comment:
For anyone who wants to know about the REAL Joseph Smith Jr (not the sanitized pablum LDS Inc brainwashes their victims with) all they really need to do is go here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_wives_of_Joseph_Smith (which is confirmed by the LDS church's own geneological records on familysearch.org, here, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/M18D-5C8)

to see that Joseph Smth married 11 women who were married to other men at the time.

That is clearly adultery, which is patently obvious to anybody who's not completely unethical or brainwashed by the CULT of Joseph's Myth.

Smith not only violated his own God's law, (still cannonized as the word of God in D&C 132:61-63 http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/132.... ) he also violated the 10 commandments in 2 different ways, (thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife and thou shalt not commit adultery) he also violated the law of the land, common human decency and the sacred vow of marriage between a man and his wife.

How do Mormons answer for that?

They can't.

To prove it, I challenge any Mormon to reconcile the clearly documented sexual practices of their first two Prophets, Joseph Smith and Brigham Young with "The New and Everlasting Covenant" contained in D&C 132.

NONE of them will take me up on that challenge because they KNOW they don't have a leg to stand on in this matter.

Mormons like the ones commenting on here, are perfect examples of how otherwise good people have NO PROBLEM whatsoever with their founder's clearly documented adultery, whom they still worship as a God. I know. I'm a 5th Generation Mormon who did the math and figured out it didn't add up. It's the most absurd religion on the planet and the easiest myth to debunk.

Mormons still consider Joseph Smith to be "the greatest man who ever walked the face of the Earth", even after learning he had sex with other men's wives. They named a University after Brigham Young, who stole other men's wives and fathered children with them, after sending htem on foreign missions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zina_D._H._Young#Marriages_and_children
That might explain why the REAL Mormons (The FLDS, the ones who didn't abandon God's "New and Everlasting Covenant of Marriage" when the Feds threatened to seize their assets) are erecting a 30' tall idol of their Prophet, Warren Jeffs, who now sits in Federal Prison on child rape charges. Mormons worship a pedophile adulterer whom they will defend to the death, but NONE of them will defend his clearly evidenced adultery because it's indefensible.
I'm just glad I'm no longer under the spell of Jospeh's Myth so i don't have to lie through my teeth about Joseph's Myth, one of the most despicable humans who ever disgraced the human race.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.