Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Holbrook ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 09:02PM

After being encouraged by her bishop to divorce her exmo husband she had a "revelation" that this was what she should do. Through prayer and fasting she later had a revelation that she should marry a guy from another state that she barely knew. He is a temple recommend bearing, priesthood holder. It turns out that this woman's "revelation" led her in to a marriage with control freak that one of my friends refers to as a complete horse's @$$. I have seen many overbearing, suffocating households in Mormonism but this guy is by far the worst.

Because her current "god inspired" marriage is an epic failure you would think she would use her brain for relationships after she divorces the current spouse. She is still so TBM that she will probably just repeat the cycle and end up in another train wreck marriage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 09:33PM

well, smith said that "Some revelations are of God: some revelations are of man: and some revelations are of the devil"

as much as i despise him, i think he got that one right. shrugs.

http://mormonthink.com/prophetsweb.htm#canrevelationscomefromdevil

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 09:45PM

Yeah, but that's just him covering his bets. It's a little like saying that a stopped clock will be right at least twice in a 24-hour period.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.