Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tillamook ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 02:11PM

other religions had a similar thing to baptizing the dead. Imagine if say Catholics for example started finding pioneer graves, did a ritual on it and declared the dead pioneer 'Catholic'.

I know it is a bit of an absurd example, as Mormons don't actually visit graves, but imagine the uproar and outrage from Mormons if someone did something like that to their dead ancestors.

And Mormons are scratching their heads wondering why people are offended at Mormons baptizing Jewish Holocaust victims.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 03:22PM

On another thread, I pondered how Mormons would react if Hindus poured cow urine on their family graves (Hindus believe that cow urine has a "purifying" power).

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 03:26PM

They would just laugh at them and say, "Ha ha. Imagine them thinking they have the authority to do that. We all know we're the only ones who have the authority to make an ordinance like that stick."

Posted by: liberalbutteffer ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 08:32PM

Sounds about right but then they'd be hypocritical and be offended, saying that we're all persecuting them.

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 03:30PM

I think they'd be livid. They'd cry persecution and how dare you, etc. Some people wouldn't care, I suspect. I'd like to see something like that play out just to see.

Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 09:08PM

DH said the same thing the other day. It's funny the way TBMs CANNOT see that if THEY wouldn't want to be posthumously baptized into another church, perhaps other people don't want to be baptized into TSCC after death.

Their excuse is, "Well everyone needs the ordinances, and it's up to them to decide if they want to accept them or not. So what's the harm?" Uh.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 10:48PM by nowI'mfound.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.