Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MollieNomore ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:34PM

Hey Mollie, I have noticed lately that you have posted and responded to a lot of anti-LDS articles lately. I find it very interesting that when a member of the LDS church decides that the doctrine is too "difficult" for them or that God "requires" too much of them they are so quick to turn their backs on what they once knew to be true. The doctrine doesn't change, we do. Once a person leaves the church that doesn't seem to be enough. They have to try to take others down with them. So, they write news article and blog about how horrible it is to be a member and why they were fooled, or they create TV shows where they can bash the "Mormons". Most of which is totally false or their "interpretation" of the facts. If you have a firm testimony then these little rants don't affect you too much. I can usually just look away and let people have their own opinions. I have a strong testimony of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as my Savior. I know the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is his church. So I don't even waste my time reading too many of them. Everyone is entitled to their own choice, that's the beauty of Gods plan and this great country we live in. We get to choose our religion or choose not to have any. As a member of the LDS faith, I know that I have the truth. Why wouldn't I want to share this incredible plan with my family and friends? We have faith and hope and that is why we do most of the things we do. People change, but the Doctrine remains the same. I just hope that when you study about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you are getting the facts, and not the fiction that people create. Walk away from the world and take time to read and study the Book of Mormon and pray about it, then you can make a decision for yourself if it is true. There is my advise, take it or leave it, but no matter what know that you are a Daughter of God who loves you and he alone knows the truth and will let you know if you ask him. :)

DEAR HIGH SCHOOL ACQUAINtance STALKER- Please feel free to share YOUR truth on YOUR page. I believe that is what YOUR 11th article of faith is all about. I am not a member of your church. I would be delighted to meet with you at any time to discuss any idea that you believe I have posted on in error. I love my Savior. I believe that I am a daughter of an Almighty GOD who knows me and LOVES me. I believe in GRACE and a COMPLETE and PERFECT ATONEMENT. I believe that my friends and family members who belong to YOUR church are good people. I did not find YOUR doctrine too difficult or that YOUR understanding of God required too much of me. In many, MANY ways it was easier to be a "good" Mormon. I could care less about drinking- tithing is no big deal to me- and I was happy to have a calling. WORKS are always easier. Someday I hope that you can look back on what you feel is a very "sweetly" written post and see just how self righteous you sound. I know I am humiliated at how often I probably sounded just like you. I find the revisionist history and lies told to good people offensive. I find the wounds and pain that are inflicted on innocent children in the name of protecting pedophiles and the "good name "of your church. Read KSL and you will see more and more cases of bishops being prosecuted for failure to report child sexual abuse. There are MANY more that dont make it to KSL. For the RECORD Darci- I did read the Book of Mormon 37 times- I KNOW IT. I love the parts that are poached from the BIBLE. The rest is fiction. Lovely Fiction. I have a strong testimony of that. Mollie

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:43PM

Unbelievable arrogance.

This was the line that wound me up the most:

"If you have a firm testimony then these little rants don't affect you too much."

That is basically acknowledging that a "testimony" offers the believer protection from the truth; not a belief itself, but a shield that protects their fragile beliefs, and upgrades them to "knowledge".

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:46PM

Just reading this upset me! It's so obvious that Darci is not a deep thinker and under the mind control of the cult. I really feel sorry for her, because she thinks she's doing the right thing!

Way to go, I love your reply back! I wouldn't have been able to think of such clarity.

Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:50PM

My response to her would have been:

Which unchanging doctrines are you talking about? Blacks not getting the priesthood? Blood atonement? Polygamy? The Catholic Church as the church of the devil? Adam-God doctrine? Penalties in the temple? American Indians as literal descendants of the Lamanites?

Anyway, I totally agree with you.... following a bunch of specific laws like a Pharisee isn't that hard. Really loving God and loving your neighbor on the other hand....

Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:57PM

+1

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:51PM

Great reply and so much arrogance on the part of the Mormon. Testimonies are formed when a cult indoctrinates....hear something over and over ad nauseum and you will probbly have it imbedded in your brain til you can deprogram. I laugh at Mormons who talk about their testimony. We Christians just say 'I believe' and we certainly don't say it over and over every wk. in most churches.She is a brainwashed person who is a know it all. Steer clear of those types.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:52PM

On "finding Mormonism too difficult to live" I would have said that Mormonism is EASY to live - you just have to do as you are told. You don't have to study, think, develop character, tolerate differences ... anything. You just have to do as you are told, never having to outgrow the role of a small child.

On "Why I wouldn't want to share this incredible plan with family and friends" I would have said how happy I was that she understood my point of view. Having found out Mormonism was a hoax that was taking advantage of gullible people while turning them into less than they would have been without Mormonism, how can I NOT share this with my family and friends? How can I not share how much happier I am outside of the rat race, the judgmentalness, the bad manners and the unbelievable arrogance that is so much a part of Mormon culture?

But what really bugs me is that she says everyone is entitled to their own choice after two paragraphs of side-swiping you with her judgmental, self-righteous, unsubstantiated, crap-fest. If you are entitled to your own choice, why does she need to take you down a peg for it?

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:53PM

MollieNomore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once a person
> leaves the church that doesn't seem to be enough.
> They have to try to take others down with them.

> As a member of the LDS
> faith, I know that I have the truth. Why wouldn't
> I want to share this incredible plan with my
> family and friends?

Spot the double standard...

Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 07:03PM

OMG she's SOOO condescending!! Like you, I also cringe thinking of those times when I sounded just like that when I was a narrow-minded TBM...

You know why most TBMs think the gospel/doctrine doesn't change? Because in general, the fact that it's changed is NEVER talked about. Also, the beauty of the ongoing revelation/prophet scenario is that anytime you need to change anything for whatever reason, you can just claim some new revelation from gawd, and, poof, done! And no one bats an eye.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 07:06PM

I probably would have replied with "LOL.. you really ought to find a hobby. I couldn't care less what you or your ridiculous, self-absorbed church think about yourselves. I will 'like' or comment on whatever I want on Facebook with or without your approval." Then unfriend and block.

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 07:10PM

Mollie,

Please tell me that you actually posted your response on your FB. It is FABULOUS!

Date: February 18, 2012 07:14PM

I'm really sorry I offended you Mollie. That was not my intention at all. But since your posts show on my page I just felt the need to mention that. I know that there are members of the church that do horrible things. I wasn't trying to excuse their behavior, I just think that sometimes we base our opinions on partial truth without getting all the facts. Once again, I am sorry for any hurt I may have caused.
17 minutes ago · Like

Mollie I am not offended with what you said. I do wish that you had contacted me in private message. I agree about basing important decisions on partials facts. If you ever decide that you are ready to know more than the correlated and sanitized partial facts and make an informed decision- please contact me.
3 minutes ago · Like

Date: February 18, 2012 07:15PM

The second paragraph is what I reposted.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 07:37PM

When you ask them what the "incredible plan" for salvation is, most are very unable to tell you.

Posted by: JBryan the 1st ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 07:39PM

<<I find it very interesting that when a member of the LDS church decides that the doctrine is too "difficult" for them or that God "requires" too much of them they are so quick to turn their backs on what they once knew to be true.>>

This could have been lifted from a General Conference talk. Packer or Ballard could have said this. Sure makes you want to come back! I'm so glad to be aaway from so self-rightous, condecending a$$holes!!!!

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 06:17AM

LOL, I get private messages like this..you handled it very well, I can't come out quite yet (NOM) so I threw it back at them and basically said I'm entitled to my opinion, the negativity they were seeing surely must be them because I never intended it that way.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 08:43AM

Even her apology is a self-righteous remark.

"I'm sorry I offended you" from a Mormon means "I'm sorry that you are a weak person and get offended by me preaching truth"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 10:59AM by Lost Mystic.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:56AM

Posted by: Regulargal ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 11:53AM

Once again, she's bringing in the whole "offended" reason as to why people must leave.

Oi!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 09:29AM

That person sounds exactly like my TBM friends. They could have written that themselves. One said as much to my face. The other is being much more diplomatic, but I know she's thinking it.

Posted by: Laban's Head forgot her password ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 09:45AM

It is just fine for her to post the whole, 'You must be weak and lazy, and I'm so much stronger than you' part on your page for everyone to see, but if you had to respond to that, couldn't please do it in a private message!

And I loved your response, by the way!

Posted by: mollienomore ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 11:42AM

Dear Darci decided to delete the post! I am tempted to put it back up because it is a prime example of typical momo "love bombing".

Posted by: foxystoner ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 11:43AM

I love all her misplaced "quotes." "Jesus" sure "loves" mormons.

Posted by: Regulargal ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 11:51AM

My oh My! I wish we could all have access to either hers or your facebooks and post all of our "well-thought out" replys and evidence that she obviously lacks any knowledge of.

I don't why people feel they have to play facebook police when someone writes something they don't agree with. Freedom of speech and thought people!

Date: February 19, 2012 06:21PM

Ron is my Facebook friend- anyone else who would like to be added is welcome.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.