Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:27PM

Hope you see this, and I hope it's a super one, Mikey!
Have a wonderful day.

Oh, yeah...

It's my birthday too.

Loves and Hugs from me and The StalkerDog™!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:29PM

Hope you have a joyful day, my friend.

Ana

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:29PM

Yay! Big happy birthday wishes to both of you!! :)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 03:07PM

I know it has not been the greatest of years and I have my fingers crossed that this next one will be better :)

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 06:04PM

I left him a "HB" note online at Facebook. I'll leave him a note about good wishes from here.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 06:10PM

This coming year is *bound* to be better (for you and me both!) Wishing you the best.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 06:15PM

Happy birthday Mikey!!!

Posted by: Friend of a Mo ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 06:23PM

Happy Happy Birthday GLA! Hope you have a great day and year!

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 08:52PM

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 09:00PM

Please keep GLA & his dad in your prayers, thoughts, etc. He posted this message on FB a few minutes ago-

"I wanted to thank everyone for the sweet, thoughtful and wonderful birthday wishes. It's been a very tough day. My dad was admitted into the hospital last night for complete renal failure. His heart rate and blood pressure plummeted overnight so he is in the ICU and is just about to start a 72-hour round of dialysis to try and figure out what is going on. As hard as this day has been, at least I have been able to spend it surrounded by my dear family. And who could ask for anything more on their birthday. Please send prayers and good thoughts our way. I would certainly appreciate it. Love y'all."

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 09:55PM

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:15PM

Ok, GLA, you've got the good thoughts and the prayers. Now, have a happy birthday. Hope everything goes well for your Dad. Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 10:16PM by orphan.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:15PM

Happy Birthdays Doxi and GLAJ!

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Mikey. I hope he gets better soon.

Posted by: dressclothes ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:18PM

Happy birthday man! Many happy returns!

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 12:39AM

Things are slightly scary at the moment...I'm writing this on my phone from the ICU waiting room. They started the dialysis on my dad about an hour ago, and are having to give him epinephrine to keep his blood pressure up and the epi threw him into a panic attack that rivals some of the worst I've ever had-- those that have landed me in the hospital myself. He is so scared and can't breathe and is screaming and crying and is sure he is having a heart attack. To watch this from the other side is so scary. I feel so helpless---they've kicked everyone out of the room except his bitch wife who is doing nothing but yelling at him and basically telling him to buck up. THIS IS NOT THE WAY YOU DEAL WITH SOMEONE WHO IS HAVING A PANIC ATTACK OF THAT MAGNITUDE, ESPECIALLY FOR A PERSON WHO HAS NEVER HAD ONE. My heart is breaking for him and there's nothing I can do to help him. I want to be there to hold his hand and get him through this and they won't let me. I feel so completely helpless...

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 12:49AM

Mikey,

I feel so awful for your dad. I've had many epinephrine shots in my life for asthma attacks and it's a really bizarre feeling if you're not used to it and could make you very anxious. After an epi shot, I always felt like should I run a couple of miles to burn off the energy.

And I've also had those anxiety attacks where you're totally sure you're having a heart attack and are about to drop. I drove my DH crazy for a couple months with those attacks after I had our baby. You're right, telling your dad to buck up isn't going to help him get through the episode. With everything else he has going on medically, I wonder if they can't give him something for the anxiety or a sedative?

I'm praying for you and your dad. You've had a lot to deal with the past few months, haven't you? You need a break.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 12:49AM

Can't they kick the bitch out and let you come in? I would be beside myself. Panics attacks are no joke for sure. I've had too many to count. I hope things get better and quick! My thoughts are with you right now.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 07:58AM

Posted by: abacab08 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:23AM

Happy birthday all. Thanks so much for this arena to vent and learn.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 01:01PM

nice day. Hey, gaylayalejesus--we'd love to hear how you are doing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.