Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 12:27PM

According to an interview with Michael Moore, Lenore Romney, when running for US Senator from Michigan, supported the Equal Rights Amendment. Very interesting, since ChurchCo was STRONGLY opposed to it. I wonder what her priesthood authorities had to say about her non-conformity -- as if it weren't bad enough that she -- a woman -- was running for office.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 01:00PM

At least in this election; (the one where he doesnt like healthcare). Your post is on topic and im trying hard not to take it off topic. SO the exmo question is, "Can a priesthood holder be more affected by a liberal mom than by the church teachings? Hmmm.Just how mormon/conservative is this candidate?

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 01:25PM

He even was warned by an apostle names Delbert Stapley.

I would love to see someone able to find any kind of warning against dear old mom sent by the church.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 08:10PM

The church was badly stung by the Sonia Johnson excommunication and by the revelations on how they had circumvented the law to raise funds for anti-ERA campaigns.

Sound familiar?

I was one who stood in favor of ERA and there were no threats against me. Well, for starters I was a fairly new lawyer in that era and would love to have taken on the church. I left shortly after all the brouhaha died down. Not so much for ERA or for the church's archaic attitude towards women (seems to have gotten much worse) but for the whole F&*%$# liars they are. Lies, lies lies. I hate lies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.