Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mo Larkey ( )
Date: September 16, 2010 07:06PM

I encourage you to watch... the last 2 weeks was Helen Radkey showing her research into Celestial Marriage- new and everlasting covenant and polyg marriages done in our time in the temple.

Last weeks show rocked... she had some much material to shut up the TBMs that none called in.

Take the time if you get it to watch...I'm not affiliated but I'm hooked on watching it. I learn more there than the all the years in Moism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: libby ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 12:15AM

I kept wondering why those guys were now preaching about Jesus in the same way they once preached about Joseph.

It seemed like they kept the fervor but just changed teams.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 03:35PM

Yes. I met the host of the show and I was just looking for a non-mo group. This group met at a Baptist church. Well, she and the preacher's wife were closing in and I felt suffocated.

I think I even heard the tap to their baptism area turned on for me. A joke but I felt that way. I had to stop. Nice people but not all exmo's are ready to dive into something new.

Posted by: Joe ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 04:16PM

The major difference is the goal of the "Baptists" (and other legitimate Christians) is to lead you to a personal relationship with Jesus (no matter which building you attend). The cults are the ones that want you baptized in "their" church.

If any church tries to baptize you under some particular church organizations special authority... RUNNNNNN.

I can guarantee you that Doris Hansen would never tell you to join her church. She would instead lead you to Jesus wherever that may be.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 04:52PM

So is Pat Robertson a "legitimate Christian"?

Was Jerry Falwell? Jim Bakker? Ted Haggard?

The Reverand Billy or his son, Franklin?

Past "lulus" like Herbert W. or Garner Ted Armstrong? Aimee Semple Mcpherson?

In the name of Elmer Gantry . . .

Posted by: Joe ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 05:10PM

SL Cabbie,

Your post actually proves my point. Never follow men (or women). Jesus is the answer. Even the bible says not to put men between us and God. 1 Tim 2:5, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,"

I'm not going to fully endorse anyone, including Doris Hansen. I can say that I've been watching Ms. Hansen for some time and she appears on the surface to be a sweet, genuine, Christian lady. Would I ever follow her, no way! Would she want me to? I highly doubt it.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 05:26PM

You are so right. Doris is a sweet, genuine, Christian lady who would not want anyone to follow her.

Since I am troubled by the history of the Bible, I am better off not going to fundie groups.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 06:40PM

That I somehow "proved" your point.

It has all the reality of your imaginary friend or JS's imaginary gold plates...

The only thing I proved was that doublespeak and nonsensical spin aren't limited to Mormons. Nor is a lack of boundaries and the disingenuous statement, "I'm not saying what I really said."

Your vocabulary word for the day is "obfuscation." Your logical flaw is assuming because you can confuse some of the people some of the time, that glazed look in their eyes must be spiritual in nature.

Dizziness is not next to godliness...

Anyway, I've got a Muslim cabbie friend who would like to take you for a ride and explain to you about Mohammed and Allah...

BTW, there's far more evidence for a historical Mohammed than there is for a historical Jesus...

And remember that old ditty, "As you are . . ."? Well, as you are, I once was...

I spent a lot of years as some variety of believing Christian; I think now it was all that whisky I drank... My psych profile at the time was "psychotic or pre-psychotic." And yes, I still attend 12-Step groups where many seek a faith in something greater than themselves. But nobody tells anybody else it has to be Jesus...

I think the orginal misunderstanding started when some beat-up ol' drunk exclaimed, "Jesus, I've got to quit this sh*t!"

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 03:25PM

Aug 19, 2010 show:
http://www.aboutpolygamy.com/ep333.htm

Sept. 2, 2010 show:
http://www.aboutpolygamy.com/ep335.htm

Warning: Spoilers below

Shockers exposed by Helen’s research:

Aug 19 show:

Mormons who have been excommunicated because they had been practicing polygamy when alive, now (i.e. after their death) have been sealed to ALL of their polygamist wives!

Sept 2 show:

Divorced wives have been sealed to former husbands.

Wives have been sealed to the husbands who murdered them!!!

Jesus Christ was baptized into the Mormon Church on April 8, 2010!!!

These and more hidden practices revealed in the above episodes!

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 05:52PM

and help them understand that they don't have to be polygamists to be 'saved' etc.

I learn alot from her show about the Salt Lake LDS sect of Mormonism as well as the other 'sects'of Mormonism who still practice polygamy.

I bet she has had a great effect on many TBM Mormons who tune in thinking they can soon 'correct' any antimormon lies! lol

Posted by: Faustus ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 06:26PM

Posted by: emalee ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 09:31PM

She called me and was very upset about the lies that were told on the show. She couldn't believe that these lies were allowed to be on TV. She thought the hostess was hateful and that her show was very amateur.

I watched in online after our discussion (I can't get it where I live on TV). I didn't think there were any lies presented on the show, but I did feel it was slanted to the Christian side. The hostess was arguing how the Bible was 100% provable and that the BOM was proven false. I did feel that she should be equally critical. She does come across somewhat angry, but after learning of her life, I can understand the anger. However, I think the show could influence Utah TBMs more if they would not be quite so condescending on the show. The things they are presenting are true, but they come across angry and all-knowing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.