Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 08:25PM

Here it is:

If my cult teaches me to raise a family, love my spouse and my kids, love my neighbors, serve others, tell others that they can see their family members again and that there’s hope of redemption through Jesus Christ, no matter what you’ve done, I’m in. ◠‿◠ ツ YOU?

It's had a few "likes". So, they feel OK with the word cult? I wish I had a snappy comeback that wouldn't come across as too snarky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rgrraymond ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 08:35PM

Do Mormons own this. No, they do not. Anyone can believe that.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 12:06AM

For instance, what do the hysterical parents say when their child leaves the church?

"Now we won't be together in heaven!!!"

And "serve others"? Is that perhaps by working your butt off to deny them the same protections under the law as their "straight" counterparts?

This sort of self-righteous back patting always leaves me nauseous -- and I don't care which cult is claiming it.

By the way, the definition of "cult" fits pretty much all religons.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 12:42AM

your parents will say"now we won't be together forever!" And "You're out of the will!"

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 12:26AM

You couldn't figure this out yourself?

You have to join a cult to know to love your spouse and children or to love your neighbor? Isn't that just basic human decency? And doesn't everyone who believes in life after death believe they will see loved ones again? And can't pretty much any Christian church teach you about redemption through Jesus Christ.

Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 12:31AM

I'm sure the Jonestown people had all of these same promises made to them just before they drank the koolaid. Yeah, sure, I'm in.

Posted by: Geoff Staines ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 12:39AM

The same cult teaches that if you don't pay 10%, perform mock blood letting rituals in secret places promise to give all that you own, subordinate your family's needs to it and allow your thoughts to be micro-managed, you will get to see your family on earth but not in heaven.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 01:46AM

"Love" is nowhere to be found in the wedding- scuse me, "sealing" ceremony! You make your vows to THE CULT and NOT each other!

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 02:08AM

How about:

"sounds great! Unless the cult starts telling me
I can't touch my privates, my kids have to tell their leaders how they touch themselves, and that I have to wear weird underwear...then you can count me out!"

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 03:18AM

Anyone believing in the Golden Rule usually does all of these things without the Morg crap.

Posted by: josephsmyth ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 04:22AM

Sounds like something the FLDS would say, while they're erecting a 30' tall idol of their Prophet, Warren Jeffs who is in prison on multiple convictions of child rape, which is a whole lot less than what either Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were guilty of. They married other men's wives. Any wonder the REAL Mormons, led by their pedophile Prophet worship a pedophile? So do the Mormons who compromised on "the New and Everlasting Covenant" when the Feds threatened to seize their assets.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.