Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 09:10AM

Don't get me wrong, I wish Elizabeth Smart nothing but good things for the rest of her life.

However it is clear her faith is waning.
Seen here, clearly not wearing temple garments.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104371/Elizabeth-Smart-wedding-photos-reveals-beautiful-lace-dress-kilt-wearing-groom.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 09:10AM by Stumbling.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 09:31AM

I thought you meant the wedding dress--had to scroll down further.

I went to Hawaii on my honeymoon and I wore garments almost the entire time except at the beach--during a drought and I was COOKING--spent most of my time in the shade. Nice to know LDS royalty get to go without garments in Hawaii.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 10:34AM

They are probably at the beach on their honeymoon.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 12:08PM

They were grocery shopping.

Also, even though the wedding dress had sleeves, you could see through them. It took some creative rolling and tucking of the garmies, if she was wearing them.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 12:14PM

Did you see this comment at the very end?

The National Enquirer quotes an insider as saying that they hope to start a family immediately and aim to have their first baby by their one-year anniversary.

I hope that "insider" is an elderly relative who has no idea what she is talking about. Like when I got married and one of our relatives went around telling everyone DH wanted 14 kids. In reality, DH wanted 3 maximum. But everyone knew this relative was a bit spacey so they didn't believe her. Getting married after such a short engagement then rushing to get pregnant is a BAD idea. Trust me, I know from experience.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 08:46PM

I've wondered about all of this. The only thing I came up with is how we were admonished especially in the temple, never to wear the garment so it would be mocked or denigrated.
We never wore them while wearing swimming attire of course.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 09:51PM

I guess it shows that Mormon Royalty can avoid wearing garments on their wedding day, since while her dress had sleeves, they were lace. That black dress looks more like a swimsuit coverup, as her new husband looks like he's wearing swimming trunks, but was able to put on a shirt.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 09:58PM

Did you read the story. Did you see the part were the author was describing her dress as a modest LDS style, because it dropped below the knee? LOL!!! No, that is not a modest Mormon style, the MOs are offended by that much bare skin.

BTW, her husband looks like he isn't old enough to shave.

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 09:59PM

Neither of them is wearing their regulation Jeebus Jammies. Elohim forbid they should be run down by a truck or struck by lightning or ... or something awful at a time like this when they are so obviously defying fate by their disobedience.

OTOH, Hawaii is damned humid, and those plastic bag Gs are gauaranteed acne-farms...

Posted by: Monday Thinker ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 10:05PM

Even as a tbm I would shed the garments for activities where I would be wearing a swim suit. I think it really varies from family to family. I highly doubt her faith is weak because she's not wearing garments while spending most of her time in a swim suit even if she was at the grocery store inbetween beach visits.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 23, 2012 10:21PM

I went on a vacation to a tropical island while I was still TBM.
The only time I wore garmies was on the flight to and from.
For 2 weeks I wore a swim suit with a dress over top. The great escape! DH wore swim trunks and a T shirt.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 12:54AM

I don't blame them. Why would anyone be in any kind of a hurry to change back into their depressing Gs?

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: February 24, 2012 11:13AM

That black dress looks like a cute summer dress, not a beach cover up.
It shows she is using common sense and probably will not be a nazi TBM.

For her sake I hope she knows by now that, while Mormonism is her culture, the religious claims must be taken with a grain of salt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.