Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 01:14PM

Had Emma not ultimately conceded defeat with her serial philandering husband i'm curious if she woulda just come down with some so-called mysterious sickness (poisoning) and passsed away as simply more collateral damage of JS's narcissism.

Women of all stripes should be absolutely furious with the facts recorded in D&C 132 that JS indeed threatened pre-meditated murder upon his own wife!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 02:03PM

I think ol' Joe might've arranged an "accident" for Emma, like having her "fall" down a flight of stairs or something similar.

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 02:21PM

Cyanide - for instance from poisoned wells

And if they knew of the poisons in some of the fungus and roots and berries at that time... (?)
(Easy to mix directly in foods and as extract, also in water)

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 02:39PM

Joseph was big on threats, but not on action. I don't think he could have done it himself. More likely Porter Rockwell, if anyone. But, as Joseph was big on threats and knew the efficacy of using them, he was probably fully aware that his posturing would cause Emma to relent, and that he wouldn't have to take any further action.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 02:49PM

....poisoned him didn't they? Something about arsenic in the sugar for his tea. But Joe was a coward, I believe, at least with Emma. He was always sneaking around. What a scumbag. His buddies had to talk him into coming up with Section 132.

Posted by: Linkster ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 04:14PM

http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/no112.htm#Presenting

> Then on August 18 Clayton records a conversation with Joseph about a visit he and Emma made at the Woodworths. Evidently this was the first that Emma realized Joseph had already wed young Flora Woodworth, his eighteenth plural wife:

>> President Joseph told me that he had difficulty with E[mma] yesterday. She rode up to Woodworths with him and called while he came to the Temple. When he returned she was demanding the gold watch of F[lora]. He reproved her for her evil treatment. On their return home she abused him much and also when he got home. He had to use harsh measures to put a stop to her abuse but finally succeeded. . .77

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 05:18PM

Both how it looks like JS may have asked followers to kill for him, Porter Rockwell— to kill Boggs and Joseph H. Jackson to finish Boggs off and to also get rid of Wlliam Law.

And also how Emma told others that she feared Joseph meant to kill her if she took "God" up on his offered of a substitute husband.

Joseph obviously though Emma was capable of killing him as shown in his accusation following the sickness in Nauvoo that cause him to vomit so violently it dislocated hi jaw. Years later BY claimed JS said Emma had tried to poison him.

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 08:38AM

"Brethren, last evening I was awakened by an angel with a drawn sword, and to my dismay, Emma lay dieing in the corner of the room from a mortal wound. She having been 'destroyed' as I had previously prophesied she would be. Brethren, the Lord will not be mocked. His work, yeah even every jot and tittle, will continue. His hand, his mighty hand, will not be swayed by any enemy of his work, even an unbelieving wife. Oh I will miss my Emma, but I warned her."

Posted by: dot ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 01:35PM

badseed: Emma told others that she feared Joseph meant to kill her if she took "God" up on his offered of a substitute husband?

reference please? I haven't heard this...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.