Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 09:39AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 10:36AM

future generations looking back and thinking he converted to mormonism. They seem to think a person's name is fair game. It isn't.

I don't think the world has any clue how rampant the baptisms are. More and more names are going to come out.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 10:40AM

in a national debate between Obama and Mitt come October?

I've never understood why Tiger Woods didn't complain about them doing his father.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 10:57AM

Best reply ever.

"jhklat at 6:31 PM February 29, 2012

Jews just need to develop a Super-Baptism Shield to counter the Mormon Baptism Ray. And then, if the Mormons make a Super-Baptism Shield Breaker Chant, the Jews can create a Mormon Chant Nullifier Beam."

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 11:05AM

Identity theft

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 11:51AM

The Church just keeps yapping about these baptisms being a breach of protocol, but are they doing anything about it? If the rule is that the person must be a member of your own family, then why aren't they checking up on that?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 01, 2012 11:54AM

it would be very simple to check on every name submitted.

Me thinks they doth protest too much.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 04:52AM

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/01/mormon-proxy-baptism-of-daniel-pearl-draws-familys-ire/?hpt=hp_t2

I don't like the term "muckraking ex-Mormon researcher" though. Isn't "muckraker" an insult to someone who investigates a cult? Talk about shooting the messenger!

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 11:41AM

Exactly...how is "whistle blowing" or "exposing the truth" considered muckraking? Oh right, when the stuff you expose turns out to be filthy muck done by someone else.

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 11:36AM

Doesn't anyone realize that their new policy re not dead dunking jews is a glaring admitance that their church is not true? (Disclaimer: I do NOT condone dead dunking of any sort and think its dumb).

Think about it, isn't dead dunking a part of their plan of salvation? Don't you have to be dunked in order to get to the CK? So, by admitting that they won't dead dunk millions of people, doens't that in itself say that their plan of salvation is flawed?????

All you have to do is take any tenant of the church and take it to the next thought for it to be false/flawed etc.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 11:52AM

They have an answer for that. In the Millennium, they will have perfect records of everything, and everybody in human history will finally get their chance to be dead-dunked. Imagine the ash trays in spirit prison with all the people waiting to be dead-dunked.

Of course, this is also their out. They could say that the dead-dunking program has been completed preparatory to the Millennium, due to the world being too wicked to continue (because of all those complaining Jews). Then they'd need to come up with a reason to get people into temples, but the Mormon church seems good at whipping up that sort of thing.

You wrote:
> All you have to do is take any tenant of the church and take it to the next thought for it to be false/flawed etc.

Brilliantly said, btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 11:53AM by Makurosu.

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 03:55PM

All one has do then is say to oneself, "if everyone will get their chance to be dead dunked during the Millennium, then why not just wait until then?"

I used to think these thoughts when I was a very small child. I suppose I didn't get the brainwashing DNA.

I wonder if there has ever been a study done why some people can be easily brainwashed and others can't, even if members of the same family?

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 04:09PM

I think the dead-dunking is one of the things which finally made me realize that there's something wrong here. They spend countless dollars and time doing vicarious works for the dead.

One day, it suddenly hit me and I went, "The dead?! Are you kidding me? Let the dead take care of themselves and do the work in this Millenium that you're waiting for, when the people themselves can walk right up to you and request that their work be done."

Why does it all have to be done now, when they say that the 1,000 year Millenium is the period of great temple work to be done?

What a waste of time and money.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.