Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freeasabird ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 02:42AM

My mother's annoying self-righteous TBM neighbor said to me today something about "when you're doing what's right you will be blessed."

Funny thing is I was being positive when he asked how things are going with me and my family. Things are going pretty darn good for us, I've never been happier.

But I know he has to know that I don't attend church and possibly even knows that I find it a bunch of bullshit. My mother's ward tops the gossip anywhere I've experienced. So is this why he said this? I just didn't get it, so out of context!

I just wanted to go off about all the successful people out there that have nothing to do with TSCC and tell him to fuck off.

But instead I just put on my uber fake smile and said, "yyyyep!"

Dumbass! Of course this is the same guy that at my temple wedding he said to me "now this is the right way to do it," reffering that my sisters civil marriage a couple of years earlier was not the right way. Even then I was like WTF, why would you say something like that to someone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 02:47AM

It worked pretty well when the population was superstitious and the priests had a monopoly on education. The Catholics were really good a scaring the hell out of you with their descriptions of hell and suffering.

The Mormons do it to. They even have Satan looking directly at you in the temple movie saying if you don't give the church everything, you will be in his power. It's laughable when you look back at it. What a scam.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 03:24AM

Larry Himself attributed his financial blessings to paying LDS tithing and played up the principle. (and he certainly was blessed by the payment of tithing.... as others paid it & LDS INC used Larry as one of their business shills)

it appeared that the MORmON Lord really did Love Larry Miller enough to bless him with lots of money, but as soon as Larry got sick MORmON Jesus just turned his back on Larry & just let Larry die at the age of only 64.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.