Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 07:42PM

Its not from family members but from name extraction. If the Church reduces baptism to names submitted by family members, they will be closing temples.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 07:45PM

Actually, they get very few names either way. What they mostly do is name recycle. You will very rarely, if ever, be doing the work for a name that has never been done. Which is really amazing when you consider how much effort and sacrifice goes into temple trips outside of Utah.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 07:54PM

They what is with all the hype about calling people to do name extraction. What is that for?

This make me upset that if our young people are doing baptisms with names in the temple that re recycled. It is deceptive.

Posted by: justbreathe ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 07:56PM

Ok, I've never heard the church recycle the names... Where do you get this info? It wouldn't surprise me though.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 08:02PM

My great-grandmother (a nevermo with all nevermo descendants) was dead-dunked on three separate occasions.

Posted by: delt1995 ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 08:38PM

Genealogical researchers haved used LDS resources for years. In exchange, the LDS Church kept whatever names, places, and dates they didnt already have.

Posted by: OpenEyed ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 08:45PM

I just posted the comment below on "to dunk or not to dunk" but the question seems more appropriate here.

I had a calling once (20 years ago, I'd guess), where I was some kind of extraction clerk. I would enter data from shipping logs to get names. Didn't they have geneological centers, where they read microfiche in wards houses, too? Do they still do this?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.