Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 10:46AM

UVU will be hosting a conference about Mormonism and the Internet. I sure hope someone there will discuss the exodus out of the LDS church that can be attributed to information easily accessed on the Internet. Link:

http://blogs.uvu.edu/newsroom/2012/03/13/uvu-to-present-mormon-studies-conference-on-mormonism-and-the-internet/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 11:17AM

I know many of the people involved with the Religious Studies program at UVU. Most of them are New Order Mormons - IOW they know the all the troubling things of Mormon history & doctrine, but somehow still manage to believe. I doubt very much that they will deal with the impact the internet has had on conversion rates and the member exodus beyond the stated "...the Internet allows detractors of Mormonism the same access as it does proponents."

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 03:31PM

This seems too coincidental considering how much Mormonism is getting uncontrollable exposure on the web due to Mitt Romney. I don't plan on going. I do think the internet is finally creating a real debate forum for people in and out of Mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.