Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Curious to know ( )
Date: March 15, 2012 12:54PM

IF the Church does baptize people of the Islamic faith would the prophet Mohammad have been baptized also? If not why not as the details of his birth and death are readily available:

Muhammad Ibn Abd Al-Muttalib, born:c 26 Apr 570; died: 8 Jun 632.

It seems to me that if the Mormon Church has taken it upon itself to perform baptisms for the dead, as a way of allowing such dead people to become Mormons and enter into Mormonism's idea of the hereafter, then it would not consciously exclude Muslim from such ceremonies. If the Mormon Church does exclude Muslims, why? Are they deemed not worthy or is the Church too afraid of Islamic reaction to such a practice?

I would be very interested to know what others thought about this and if anyone can provide further information as to whether such ceremonies are performed on behalf of the Muslim dead.

Personally, I find the whole notion of secretly taking a deceased persons name and identity through an ordinance to "convert" them to the Mormon faith very offensive. It is an offense to the memory and character of that person and his heritage. It is also an offense to the living relatives of that person, often the wishes of living relatives are totally ignored. This is the experience I have had - my own wishes to have my ancestors respected were ignored and the ceremony was performed for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 16, 2012 03:07AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.