Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 17, 2012 11:27PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that the elimination of all the fun activities is the result of focus groups/surveys that show that people do NOT in fact, stay for social reasons (like we sometimes hear).

They have learned that instead the primary motivating factor is FEAR. Members stay in out of fear of loss of spouse, employment, familial ties, respect.

So we see a ramping up of the fear factor and a disregard for the social factors. This seems consistent with the fact that Mormon growth activity is known to be BIC children turning eight, rather than new families coming in.

We should be looking for an increase in pressure to make sure children are baptized and talks which emphasize Satan and his activities, which would raise the fear level.

The keeping of scouts and the lack of interest in girl scouts represents the importance of brainwashing potential priesthood holders at the earliest possible age.

Have any of you seen signs of this shift in your wards?

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: March 18, 2012 05:34PM

Fun programs require money; and with church programs, that money is wasted :-P in local wards instead of going straight to church headquarters, where leaders can invest it in, or spend it on, anything they want to, without having to reveal anything about it to anyone!

We have had many posts on RfM reporting about lesser ward leaders (RS, Primary, YM/YW, Scouts) having to make do on a shoestring these days, because Headquarters now allocates mere peanuts for ward budgets.

And young people are leaving in droves; partly because thanks to the Internet, they are discovering the truth; and partly because there are no longer fun social programs for young people that otherwise might keep them in.

The Morg is on a terminal path of its own creation!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 06:31PM by WiserWomanNow.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 18, 2012 05:38PM

I hope they keep up the deprivation, and un Christ like attitude.
It would save me the trouble of trying to rescue some people. Hopefully, they will eventually jump off of the sinking ship.

Posted by: beansandbrews ( )
Date: March 18, 2012 05:48PM

Last night for the first time in 20 years I saw a big sign outside the church. "Regional Dance"

This was something they held back in the 70's alot. They were lame and for me a way out of hte house to go meet me other church freinds to go get coffee.

I didn't go back by to see if they had anyone show up.
But I haven't seen anything close to fun for the young since I moved here.

I think it's too late to stop the "bleeding".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.