Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stuck ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 08:13AM

Do you think the lds church will start practicing it again? Have been watching that sister wives show on netflix and my Mormon family thinks Kody b and his "wives" ate insane lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 08:24AM

And without an organized force financially supporting the push, it doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing. The only people who want it are nutjobs in rural AZ (not a block usually supported by PACS.)

If it were to pass, the LDS church would say away from it like the plague. They want to be seen as more mainstream, not as lunatic fringe.

Kody and company are idiots.

Kody is not insane. He's just stupid and has the maturity of about a 14-year-old with ADHD and no Ritalin prescription.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 08:28AM

...all the work they've done trying to look normal, trying to fight the Mormons=polygamists idea, will go in the trash, and they'll go back to being that weird religion.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 09:04AM

It's a purely hypothetical question, because I agree with the comment above that it has no chance of passing. But were it to become legal again, I just can't see TSCC introducing polygamy again. It was too much of a ball ache and they are still dealing with the fall out today. It wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 09:41AM

The only way I can see it becoming legal is with a court ruling by the Supremes. I don't see this as likely though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.