Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: March 24, 2012 09:34PM

My list of what it would take for me to leave TSCC alone is basically what they need to change to leave me alone.

1. Stay offa my doorstep.

2. Stay outta my bedroom.

3. Stay outta my grave.

4. Stop trying to convert the people I love with milk before meat and outright lies. I'm not even requiring they stop proselytizing, just that they be completely honest when they do it.

That's it! The second they leave me alone, I'll be more than glad to leave them alone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: goldarn ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 01:44AM

The Mormon church shouldn't be left alone. They should be ruined and destroyed.

Posted by: boiseguy ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 04:59AM

Amen they destroy lives they deserve destruction

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 02:07AM

How can you leave someone alone who holds your family hostage? Teach your members to love their families EVEN if they leave the Church and I no longer have a motivation to post here.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 02:14AM

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 02:55AM by steve benson.

Posted by: itsallclear ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 02:26AM

You know, it's funny to look at it all from the other side of the fence. Growing up, I'm sure I wasn't the only one that remembers being told about the terrible apostates that turned out to be the ones working hardest to destroy the church and defile its name and reputation. How they just couldn't leave the church alone because deep down they knew it was true.

And now, as I've started on this journey out of the church, it makes complete sense why we often can't just leave it all alone. If you suddenly figured out what you were being told all your life was a huge lie, how could you keep quiet? I don't plan on holding a huge sign and protesting anywhere or anything, but you better believe I'm not going to go around encouraging people to join the morg.

If our lives weren't so greatly affected by our time spent inside the morg, there would be nothing to talk about. It would be easy to just toss it all aside. The fact that people feel so strongly about standing up and saying something, however public or private their actions may be, speaks volumes about the morg.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 03:31AM

Think of it like this. You've been dragged down an ally by a guy who beats you to within an inch of your life. So you dont go near the ally again but you see others doing that dangrous thing of going near that ally and you see others dragged down and being taken away by ambulance. Your not going to let people do something stupid without a warning will you?

Posted by: E2 ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 04:45AM

Funny since the church can't leave nonmembers (including ex-members) alone.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 12:18PM

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 05:05AM

In the very same way they left me alone as they ENDLESSLY INTRUDED in my life and ENDLESSLY MEDDLED in my personal affairs.

I am leaving the MORmONS alone, in exactly the same way that MORmONS "never speak negatively of other churches" according to (LYING BASTARD FONT OF LDS BS) Gordon Hinckley.

I *Love* the MORmON church with the same kind of *Love* that Brigham Young cited as motivation to blood atone defective fellow latter day saints. I *love* the MORmON church with all the real affection that it had for me!

MORmONS *love* to treat everyone like MORmONS, but for some funny reason MORmONS hate it when they get treated like MORmONS!

STUPID ASS MORmONS!

leave it alone MORmON style !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ETdhh1vsQ

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 05:11AM

The church is kind of like a stalker, who breaks into your home, and steals a body part off of you, then claims that since you think about him every time you look at your stump, that you must love him.

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 06:30AM

I do not expect reason or intelligence from TBMs or the Mo-Organization, therefore I am never surprised by the Mo no-logic logic that they spew out.

I do not give a rat's ass about them or their mouthings, it is all blah, blah, blah to me.

As for leaving the stupid lie alone...they can bend over and kiss their own asses--as I am not going to.

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 09:20AM

You can leave the rapist but you can't leave the rapist alone. I imagine that the rapists in prison feel very distraught and condescending towards their victims. That's because the victims can sometimes leave their rapist. But then they don't leave the rapist alone because they call the police instead who in turn investigate, prosecute, get convictions, and then put these free-roaming rapists in prison. The whole idea and thinking of why they'd mock victims for not leaving them alone is because the rapists want the freedom to roam the streets raping whoever they want and when they want to do so without the fear of getting in trouble with the anti-rape activitists.

Same principle applies for those who are victimized by a church.

Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 09:42AM

I left, and happily ignored them for years. Now, some of my kids have returned to TSCC and are basing their lives on the lies.

I severely screwed up my own life by following TSCC for nearly two decades, and I truly regret most of the choices I made then. Some of them were life-changers; there is no re-do.I don't want this to happen to anyone else if I can help it.

Plus, the spate of unbelievable spin/cover/erasure that's happened this year has spurred me to become more active. As I watch TSCC try to pull a "1984," I stare in horrified fascination. To what depths will they sink next? I also watch in horror as members mind-f*&k themselves in order to believe all the insanity.

It's hard to look away from a train-wreck. I must at least warn others to stay off the tracks.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 01:20PM

That's my analogy for the day.

"Charlton Heston plays a cop who inadvertently uncovers the truth and dies at the end, trying to tell people the truth."

I think my response to that cliche from now in will be: "Because soylent green is people".

Hopefully the rumor that they are remaking the movie is true so the reference intended to make them think doesn't hurt to much.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 01:58PM

Yeah, I just couldn't leave the Church alone, no matter how many unwanted calls and visits I got. I had to resign to get them to let me leave the Church alone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.