Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TC anon ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:51PM

So I made the mistake of "friending" mormons that I interact with on a regular basis...and he posts stuff like this (in all it's unedited glory):

"Red/ conservative or republican does not mean those things just as blue liberalism does not mean all those things either however we all grew learning that politics were all on a curved line, fascist to the right conservative, moderate, liberal, and communist on the left.

This system is a LIE!...

contrary to what we were taught at school, it is not a curve at all but a straight line from good on the right and evil on the left..... "God wants us to govern ourselves not for others to govern us"

So on the right side we have...

God's kingdom All people help one another according to what they can do to help,(barter system no money)..

then you have I will provide for my family and help where i can... (conservative republicans)"as for me and my house we will serve the lord"

I don't believe in religion but i believe in doing good.....

I don't care about you, and won't govern myself any more. I will do as i wish,...(Anarchy)

We should make laws to govern others and make sure we are doing good for others. (liberalism/Democrats)

You can live your lives but if you break the law or cross us, YOUR DEAD!,..(fascist)

We will make sure all are doing good by taking everything and distributing it through government. (communist)"

(He made a picture with that text, which is a labeled inverted pentagram)

And he followed up with this:

"I came to this conclusion after a debate with a friend of my dad's. we discussed politics as well as religion and noted that God's plan was for everyone to act according to their own free will and be judged by god according to their thoughts words and deeds/actions. When God presented his plan to all the hosts of heaven he asked for one to be a sacrifice for all, for all would sin. Christ said here am i send me and let all the glory and honor be thine, where there was another that also spoke for the position and said he would force everyone to do good continually so that all would return home and none would be lost.

Christ allowed us our agency the ability to choose for ourselves what we want to do.
The other, Lucifer, chose to take away our agency, and enslave the human race in order to ensure no descension by choice."

What happened to the good ol' days when people only used facebook for Farmville???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:54PM

Republicans = following god's plan.

Democrats = following Satanosaurus' plan.

Magically delicious.

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:58PM

You mean like having the choice whether or not to have an abortion or whether or not to marry someone of your own gender?

Republicans are actually the ones who attempt to legislate social issues.

Also, republicans give lip service to smaller government, but when they get in power they grow the government not shrink it.

(I'm actually a republican so I'm not trying to start a political war, just trying to point out that his whole premise that republicans are for governing themselves while democrats are not is flawed.)

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 05:31PM

What a dumba$$!

Tell him to take a few Poli Sci classes, and THEN make a few posts. He might remain brainwashed, but at least he would know what he was talking about to some degree.

Not only does he oversimplify to the point of misrepresenting forms of government, but he also overlooks the huge flaw in the lard's blessed plan. For someone who allegedly gives you "freedom" to choose, jeezus sure is quite the totalitarian dictator. The ONLY way is by, and through him. ALL must choose him, and to follow him. His profits dictate the minutiae of the sheeple's lives down to entertainment choices, jewelry, acceptable clothing, food, and beverages. Only someone in a cult can believe, and follow such rules, and think they have total freedom to choose.

But isn't this the glory of gawd, and the "power" of his priesthood, and the "privilege" of getting your information direct from his profits? You get to be incredibly ignorant while being so sure you are right, and knowledgeable, because you got your information from jeezus.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.