Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 05:03PM

TBM DH is still on deployment and watched all sessions on his computer, even in the middle of the night where he was! O_o This was quite an accomplishment considering he'd just gotten back from R & R for a couple of weeks and was having to readjust to being back in his working time zone.

When he is home he tries to make our two kids watch it but no luck. I'll stay a little longer but then get up and do stuff. What's so hilarious is that usually a half hour within the session, he's napping.

But even with being gone he still had to be overbearing and send me the following messages:

"Priesthood session was good now that they got it on the net, did DS go? (HELL NO, DEAR. THE YM PRESIDENT CALLED AND HE REFUSED TO GO. FINE WITH ME).

"I thnk he needs to either watch it now, or at least listen to it now

"elder bednar'S talk was great.

"president uchtdorf talk was good, so remember to take heed of it, as well as many others."

The ass also said I was wrong about Hollandaise sauce's talk. I felt he was bashing the men in his comments about how they must do more with their priesthood. Oh puleeze.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 05:05PM by imalive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 05:06PM

My wife commented that the apostles had said lot's of things that were messages directly for me and that I had missed them by not watching, lol.

What she doesn't get is that their apologetic responses are weak sauce and are only intended to keep the sheep already in the fold from looking too much at what is outside the pen. Once you are outside the pen, those high-level apologetic responses sound ridiculous.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 05:06PM

You'd think the military would loosen him up some.

I guess not.

Posted by: Boomer ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:18PM

Not necessarily. I know a Vietnam vet who wore a large Catholic medal during both tours--and he isn't Catholic. The fear in combat is overwhelming, and feeling a spiritual connection can be important for some people.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 05:10PM

but some years ago, every time it was conference weekend, we seemed to be driving somewhere and she'd want to 'listen' and then promptly fall asleep, leaving me to listen. The only thing it ever did was make me furious by the garbage I heard.

I was traveling yesterday--an 8 hour drive--and turned conference on for a few minutes. Got to listen to parts of Ballard's talk.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.