Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:56AM

If we had a pre-mortal existence, and an afterlife, does the same hold true for all of God's creatures?

I was told it did. Which is problematic. Let's not focus on all the animals, instead, let us focus on just one creature, the chicken. Did you know that right now there is one egg laying chicken for every man woman and child in the country, including all the illegal immigrants? Did you know this is only egg laying hens, and does not include roosters, and all the baby male chicks that will get processed into nuggets for being born the wrong gender. You go elsewhere in the world, and you see the same. It typically takes one egg laying chicken to supply each human with their supply of eggs.

Now chickens are short lived animals, so while all of us billions of humans are living for decades, we will have a new complete set of billions of chickens to support us, every few years. Already, within our own life time, we are talking about a lot of chickens. Add to this, all the generations of chickens who have ever lived, and all the chickens that will ever live, that is a lot of chickens, especially when you consider, once again, all the baby male chicks that get killed at birth, so the farmers don't have to feed them.

Where, in the next life, are we going to put all of those immortal chickens? Never mind all of God's other creations.

One more thing, does God create spirit chickens out of nothing, or does he produce them the same way he makes us, by having sex with a heavenly chicken mother? Or is there a heavenly chicken rooster inside a large chicken coup full of heavenly hens?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:02AM

And what about cows? From what I understand the primary cause of global warming is the methane produced by cows (as are result of humans farming and eating so many cows.)

There are going to be some serious problems with global warming in the next life when all the cows get resurrected. Maybe all cows go to hell - that could explain the heat and the stinky smell of brimstone?

I've also heard that according to Joseph Smith even rocks have spirits. That's going to really confusing - you could just go break a rock in half and create a new spiritual rock entity - or maybe 2 new rock spirit entities. Do the spirit get broken into two - or are there now a total of 3 rock spirits? How do these rock spirits all come back together in the next life?

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:04AM

ronas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do these rock spirits all come
> back together in the next life?

by being temple worthy of course! :)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 02:11PM

Sounds like you need a science education.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 02:35PM

No, actually, I learned the same thing in college, in Environmental Geology. Got an A in the course too. Methane is one of the big greenhouse gasses.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:15AM

Ants, cockroaches, bees, termites, bacteria, starfish, and mold?

Is every single one that ever lived going to be resurrected?

What about mega fauna?

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:17AM

Look it up.

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:31AM

I did. Wish I hadn't. Curiosity isn't alays rewarding.

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:34AM

Some knowledge has to bake for a while in order to rise, 420 degrees.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 02:05PM

What a great premise for a sci-fi movie!!

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:24AM

Chickens are just like humans.

Some of them seem to have a personality and/or a brain.

But most of them are clucking and laying, and crowing about it.

And then, without looking either way, they cross the road.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:29AM

That's why there are going to be lots of planets. Maybe there will be a planet just for excess chickens. I guess you could call it chicken heaven.

Date: April 02, 2012 11:30AM

I thought that was already called the Celestial Kingdom?

Date: April 02, 2012 11:35AM

Oh I forgot. These numbers were just for egg laying chickens, and did not include pot roasting chickens, which are not always the same thing. I alone probably go through quite a few chickens a year.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:41AM

Imagine the number of mosquitoes that have lived just on this Earth all buzzing around on some Telestial world. I'm assuming all mosquitoes go to the Telestial kingdom. But wait.. they're just living out the measure of their creation, right? Maybe they'll be exalted and have eternal life here on this celestialized Earth. How will they feed with everyone having bloodless bodies?

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:48AM

I like to think that every mosquito that has, or ever will, exist will one day en mass feast upon He who "created" them: Heavenly Father.

Payback is a beatch ...

Date: April 02, 2012 12:45PM

According to TBM mythology:

Animals are like children under 8, they "perfectly fulfill the design of their creation" and thus all receive Celestial glory.

Of course you have the whole lamb lie down with the lion thing where carnivore's stop being carnivore's. I'm guess that in the Celestial Kingdom the mosquito's will just east sap.

Of course apparently resurrected bodies will have no need for food - but can still eat - so who knows?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 02:08PM

Tell me about male mosquitos.

Date: April 02, 2012 02:13PM

They'll be happy. They can have sex with multiple female mosquitoes while the females are limited to just them...

Posted by: Loins of Fire ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 12:41PM

Chickens? How about bacteria? That's a LOT of bacteria.

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 02:20PM

It's the same answer as always, "that will be revealed to 'us' when we are ready for it and can handle it." Or "We will understand everything in the millennium."

What a stupid cop out! Haha

Posted by: Boomer ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:35PM

"Milk before meat," remember? Does it have to be cow's milk? How about camel and goat?

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:40PM

Chicken profit, chicken counselors, chicken polygamy - all the ingredients for chicken celestial glory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 10:50PM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:08PM

I plan to get my own planet. There, we'll all be vegans. The chickens can do whatever the $#%^ they want -- maybe start their own religion.

There will be lots and lots and lots of coffee...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.