Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:05PM

Has anyone here had to talk to the bishop about a sin they did? You know what Im talking about... not very many people murder or deny the spirit and go talk to the bishop; Im talking about sex. I remember how hard it was telling someone I hardly knew about my sexual experiences, but now I get shivers down my spine knowing that I told a 45 year old man that I climaxed (apparently its worse if you climax... BS.) Dont get me wrong, my bishop was a sweet guy... but most 19 year old girls dont want to tell older men about those things! Ugh, it just bothers me that he knows something so intimate about me. I remember thinking "oh boy, Im glad the church is true because if it wasnt I would feel 10 times more uncomfortable about this." HA!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:10PM

And I feel the same way.

I should never have told them any of that. Those experiences were between me and my girlfriend at the time.

Nobody else should ever have known any of that.

If it makes you feel any better though - a lot of those feelings go away with time and training.

I have "sinned" countless times since leaving - guilt is gone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 04:12PM by Raptor Jesus.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:14PM

It is perverted and voyeristic in nature for an older man to listen to sexual "confessions" of a woman he is not dating or married to. It is a structure where a woman is put into a humiliating position for the mans pleasure and he acts as an authority for god in forgiving you. Total abuse.

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:25PM

Oh well its not that the guilt of my sin is there, it is telling him something so personal that makes me feel icky. I only had sex with someone that I truly loved and have been with for a long time. Ive never had a one night stand. In fact, my fiance had to wait until we were engaged to have sex. How is that a sin? I would understand if I was getting drunk and having unprotected sex with every guy i see becuase that could be harmful, but I dont see how it could be a sin if I use it responsibly. Blah, there is no logic to cookie cutting people to all be the same. I regret the years of shame and stress I endured because of my (responsible) actions.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 04:31PM

and much better than the sweet or cranky priesthood guys who cause this unearned humiliation.

I hope that posting has helped you shake off some of the bad feelings. It seems to work for me.

Take care.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 08:09PM

Posted by: RichardtheBad (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 08:39PM

What I learned very early as a BIC....lie. I learned to do it well. Some things just aren't any of their business. And I figured that it really wasn't a lie if they had no right to ask in the first place.

Now I just tell them to fuck off. Well, I did. They haven't talked to me for several years.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 09:14PM

I played it by the book and unloaded all sorts of stuff on my bishop (who happened to be my dad's best friend) before my mission. I half expected to be delayed or refused service, but I guess he didn't want to disappoint my old man. I think some of the stuff I shared with him absolutely floored the poor guy. All in all, he handled it well, but seemed pretty eager to wrap things up. After that, I didn't have any juicy stories to tell before my marriage. What a shame.

Posted by: womanoftheworld ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 01:18AM

I corrupted my TBM boyfriend when we were both 15. I never told the Bishop a thing. The leaders tried to press me for juicy details, but I looked them square in the eye and lied. I wasn't raised in the church, and was baptized by a horny missionary, so it was easy for me. I wonder if the boy gave it all up before he went on his mission? Ha!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.