Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 09:36PM

To me, it sounds like something Jim Jones could have said to encourage his followers to drink the Kool-Aid.
"To return to God through the gateway we call death is a joy for those who love him and are prepared to meet him."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:32PM

I'll drink to that. Koolaid, that is.

Posted by: StiffNekid ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:34PM

It's so funnny, get it? Drink the poison laced Koolaid, but mormons have to stick to drinkin' Koolaid anyhow. Lol. It's really just too much.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:46PM

No one ever believes they are in a cult - until the last five minutes when they start ladling out the cyanide.

Posted by: womanoftheworld ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 01:06AM

It's weird to say, but I've actually thought that they really could kill us (them) all with the sacrament water. They'd just have to send out tainted water to every church house around the world, to be used on the same Sunday. The Bishops or whoever would do what they were told, no questions asked.

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:03AM

I'm pretty sure they have been trying to kill the membership every sunday for years now... Lucky for us, you can't actually bore someone to death (yet they keep trying).

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:11AM

Yes, grieving at a funeral--excuse me, Celebration of Life, is a sign of lack of faith.

No, not weird, not at all...

Anagrammy

Posted by: truthsleuth ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:17AM

What I was most amazed with was his comment about our creation coming from some "silly big bang theory" or words to that effect, followed by a bunch of laughter from the audience. Somebody really needs to post that brief segment on You Tube with the Title: Mormon Leaders mock science and Big Bang theory.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.