Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Angelsamongyou ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 04:29PM

Is the date of a sealing supposed to be secret? I asked my guy friend what his sealing date was and he evaded the question. I had another guy I know ask him and he gave the date and stated he was sealed in the Manti temple. This guy is divorced from the girl he was sealed to and no longer wears his garments. I know for a fact he wasn't worthy to go to the temple when he went. So what gives???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 04:44PM

His sealing date would have probably been the day he was married (if he married in the temple). If he didn't marry in the temple, it would have been at least a year after his marriage.

He may be ashamed of what happened in the temple. The first thing your friend would have done in the temple would have been to take off all his clothes and get rubbed down by a very old man. That is just the beginning of the weirdness/clown show. I think your friend is embarrassed.

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 05:24PM

or if the sealing date was a year or more after his wedding date that would be an admission of some past sin.

In mormonism he would face constant, silent, judgement from others who knew that he was at one point "not worthy".

Posted by: Angelsamongyou ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 06:19PM

My friend had to have a Bishop's court before he could be sealed due to the fact he and his now ex had a child without benefit of marriage.I knew he cheated on his ex during his entire marriage. Maybe that is why he didn't want to tell me. Weird that he'd tell me who he was cheating with but not his sealing date. I thought maybe it was secret or because I never went to the temple. He is very open normally but is kind of strange in a Mormon guy way.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.