Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 06:09PM

Huh, I never thought about that before. It is a pretty stupid idea, that a war rages on in heaven. Its like some weird fascist fantasy about getting a chance to fight "the good fight" in the next life. Weird.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 11:52PM

Why did they have a war if there wasn't any bad people? I mean there was no Satan tempting anyone yet. I remember a girl in our ward at Ricks, back in the 70s, saying in a testimony meeting that her brother with Down's Syndrome got his patriarchal blessing and was told that he'd been a general in the war in heaven and was so valiant that he came to Earth in a body that could not be tempted because his calling and election had been made sure.

Other girls in my ward were just so touched and awestruck. Even then I just rolled my eyes. Like there were generals and officers and enlisted people. Right. How come we didn't get to bring all our medals with us?

Yes, it's one of the stupidest mormon doctrines.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 11:06AM

The one that always gags me, is when when they tell the youth that none of them were privates in the war in heaven, because they were all generals. They tell this to the whole batch of young people. It got to me even when I was TBM, and I shot it down in two parts.

First, if everyone was a General, who were they leading? Second, how exactly is today the most valiant time to be a member? Our challenge is not to look at dirty pictures on the internet, while Jewish kids in the 40s were struggling with ovens and gas chambers. How exactly do Mormon kids have it harder?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.