Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Miss Casey ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 12:49PM

I just talked to my ex (he lives in a small mormon community)and he asked me how I had had our names removed bc he is trying to help others get their names taken off church records! Little victories!!!
It's been awhile so I referred him to this website. You guys helped me through it!
I wasn't aware that you could now email your resignation. What if you don't know your baptism date or member number? I didn't know they assigned member numbers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 01:41PM

Great news, your ex leaving the church for good is highly likely to make any difficult issues between you only easier to manage over time.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 01:47PM

Name and birthdate is probably enough, unless you have a particularly common name. then an approximate baptism date would be useful to disambiguate (and thank you, computer culture, for that particularly ugly word!)

BTW, a request. Call it "resignation", not "name removal". Name removal is an LDS-only euphemism for resigning. Resigning is something you do, and they have no choice in the matter. "Name removal" is something you request from them, and it sounds like they can choose whether or not to honor your request. In reality, they have no choice in the matter, and that galls them to no end, which is why they refuse to use the term "resign".

LDS Inc doesn't want to admit that they have to do what an ex-member tells them.

Posted by: Miss Casey ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 01:49PM

We actually left the church together when we were still married. I just happened to do all the letter writing. I'm just glad he cares enough to help other people get out. This is esp important bc we have a child together and I never need to worry about him trying to get her into the CULT!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.