Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AlmostFell ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 04:30PM

F&T? On Easter, no less? That's just not my idea of an uplifting Easter service.

I think that one of the mistakes my TBM friend made was first inviting me to the spring GC instead of to a regular service. It was 2 years ago and GC fell on Easter weekend. Two thoughts that I had: Why do I have to dress up to watch a simulcast? Why aren't they talking about Easter? It probably didn't help on that second question that I'd just come from my church's rehearsal for the Easter music. I also remember my friend asking how spiritual/meaningful I thought it was. I fudged an answer, but my true answer was that I didn't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 04:36PM

F&T was held the week before GC in my wife's ward.

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 04:40PM

This Sunday should be about Easter, Jesus Risen, all that stuff. *cough* *cough*

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 04:47PM

The ward I live in had Fast and Testimony meeting the week before conference. Fasting on Easter Sunday would suck.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 04:49PM

Why tomorrow is Zombie Jesus Day - when xtians all over the world celebrate the fist zombie!

Of course, if he had the power to bring himself back to life, was his death much of a sacrifice?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.