Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ajax ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 11:40AM

As a Mormon, I felt that my children existed (yeah out there in the Pre-mortal Land), to be brought into my home-- but that I needed to find a great mother for them. Now I know that they would not exist in any other situation except with the woman I married. So, I don’t have to despair that perhaps I could have found a better mother for them or had been a better father to them, (in some sense anyway). We are everything to each other in so many ways. They only exist because I married their mother and would have never been born in any other way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sdee ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 12:47PM

If I thought about the entire plan of salvation in a technical way, it seemed to make my relationship with my children really impersonal. They weren't MY children, they were just some fellow spirits and my body (and my husband's) was the means of getting them here.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 01:09PM

The "pre-existence" is messed up.
Apparently, in the PE, we were all direct offspring of god, brothers and sisters to each other...but then somehow our earthly relationships have to get sorted out.
But whoa...it gets all mixed up.
How do you get hooked up with your earthly parents? Was it decided ahead of time? Is it "space available"? What if a parent loses their way? Do you get assigned to an alternate parent?
There was definitely past folklore in mormonism that if you didn't have enough kids, the ones that missed out would be "driven into the families of the wicked".
What if your dad picks the wrong mom or vice versa? Do you have some other parent out there you were supposed to have?
I ACTUALLY seriously fretted, years after I got married and had kids, that I might have been wrong to decline a previous marriage proposal BY An LDS WOMAN to me!
I started worrying...are these even my rightful kids? Were they supposed to have been born to another father...or another MOTHER?
Holy shit.
Then the whole "lower kingdoms" thing...if you're not worthy, your perfectly natural relationships END? All because you didn't have the proper LDS church "sealing"?
You all just get thrown back into the generic mix? No partner? No kids? No parents? No cousins, aunts, uncles, ANYTHING?
BULL SH1T!

Mormons pride themselves on not believing in a literal Hell, but OMG their non-hell is WORSE than Hell!
It's a freakshow of dimented twisted psychedelic parodoxes that you've got to be STONED to get it!

As a mormon I didn't NEED drugs and alcohol because I was freakin delerious already.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.