Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 06:20PM

crowd and so this weekend while I was at my mom's place in St. George I thought I would read it. Has anyone else here read it? I really liked it at first, it's a story about an american spy in Moscow during the height of the cold war. The problem is this guy is a mormon and I'm having a hard time buying his story.

For example, he escapes from two russian mafia hit men. Two mafia hit men come to his apartment to kill him. One guy waits downstares an his buddy goes up to the apartment but DOESN'T bring a gun!!! Instead he's got brass knuckles and a knife??? The guy breaks into the apartment while mormonspy is there, hits the spy in the head with the brass knuckes, but somehow the spy escapes and runs upstairs with mafia dude in pursuit. He can't get to the roof though because the door is locked. Mafia dude is following him with the knife and at the last second, just before mafia dude catches up and stabs him, some homeless guy, who's sleeping in the stairwell, reaches though the stairs and grabs mafia-dudes ankle. This startles him enough that our hero jumps past and runs downstairs. At the entrance to the apartment complex another mafia-dude is standing there waiting for him, and this time the mafia dude has a gun but can't seem to hit the spy at point blank range even after two shots.

Mormonspy escapes and makes it to the train station, yada, yada, yada. And every time he makes a big escape or survives some difficult ordeal it's the Lord who is saving him.

Is it me or am I being unfair in calling a Paul Dunn on this guy? I've met the author at Costco and he seemed honest and nice enough but I ALWAYS get a bit skeptical when someone wears their religion on their sleeve particularly when they think god is so damned personally concerned their lives.

Does anyone know this guy? Am I being unfair?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MollieNomore ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 06:29PM

My TBM sister loaned me her copy to read- Its definitely feel good fiction at its finest. Leave your critical thinking out of it and its enjoyable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.