Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 06:01PM

I believe that Mr. Ambivalentmo has finally had enough of the cult. I was so afraid he would waver on supporting me and "give in" to the priestcrafthood ( yes, i made up that word). But today he actually mentioned resigning. He is so angry and hurt, yet I can see the burden has been lifted, or at least eased a great deal.He also has a spark of hope and life I have not seen in years. Its so sad yet such a joyous miracle at the same time.

Can this be real?

I feel so stunted from all of the years spend under the jackboot of the Morg. Emotionally, spiritually, sexually, socially; stunted in every way. Sometimes im not really sure if this amazing happiness and hope countering the anger i am feeling is true reality.

How fucked up is that,I was so accustomed to oppression/disappointment all my life that now good things seem foreign and suspicious.

Im just overwhelmed. Is this hope and anticipation for life what people feel on a regular basis? Truly, because I have never, never experienced this. It does not feel real.

Does that sound crazy?

One last thought- thank you RFM folks, for the free therapy. If I had any $$$, id send ya'all a check :)

Rant concluded.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 06:24PM

Congrats. Enjoy it as much as you can, big emotional moments are in my experience quite rare. Feeling content or hopeful is pretty common though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.