Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freetimenow ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 11:45AM

I don't know who created it, but I saw a pro-Romney video that had an artist drawing as a someone narrated. It used barely veiled references to the White Horse Prophecy and a drawing of the SLC temple with Romney. It belittled Obama and made Romney out to be the guy who will save the country from ruin.

I find this type of video reprehensible because it implies to Mormons who view it that a good Mormon should vote for Romney and it plays on imagery and discussions that only a Mormon would recognize or connect with. So it was targeted at Mormons.

A mormon person posted it without thinking of what it was saying to non-Republican, non-USA Mormons. She didn't think that some Mormons may actually like Obama, or some other candidate, or not even be from the USA and therefore not care about USA politics.

It didn't surprise me since we all know most Mormons are of a common mold, despite the claims of diversity. But it did annoy me and I mentioned it to the person who posted it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 12:22PM

Oh, and evangelicals. How could I overlook them?! They are also in the "not so much" camp.

And Tea Partiers.

So Romney has the Mormon vote sewed up, and a fair chunk of the "earns more than $100K" crowd.

Good luck winning with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2012 12:26PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.