Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: volrammos ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 09:29AM

I think it is hilarious when religious clerisy is found with the hands right in the honey pot.

What about all the old gay-bashing priests - living in celibacy - that is found smooching around with young men?

I do not think being gay is decadent, buy I think condemning it but practicing at the same time is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 09:32AM by volrammos.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 03:23PM

And everyone knows that preacher's daughters are sluts, right?

Look, we all want the forbidden fruit. That's why it's forbidden, to see if we'll break the "rules" and go for it or stay in line. So I don't see it as funny so much as I'm proud that someone else broke their conditioning. Unfortunately, some people resort to criminal activity and that's not so cool.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 04:13PM

I see them as profoundly conflicted and believe if they could live out what they actually want to live out, they and we would be a whole lot better off.

Posted by: acerbicone ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 05:53PM

They photoshopped the guys expensive watch out of the picture but forgot about the reflection on the table. What fun!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/06/russia-orthodox-church-wealth-watch.html

http://gma.yahoo.com/russian-orthodox-church-apologizes-photoshop-stunt-191512414--abc-news-topstories.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 05:54PM by acerbicone.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 07:44PM

I read an article recently about how promiscuity rates among younger evangelicals is starting to approach the national average for the given age demographic. This was not always the case, and I even wonder how long they can maintain their high and mighty attitude when everyone realizes that evangelicals live the same as everyone else.

I'll see if I can find a link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 07:44PM by archytas.

Posted by: delt1995 ( )
Date: April 18, 2012 02:23AM

I have always thought the reasons pedophiles, and homosexuals latch on to a church, and rise to be leaders and clergy is that the know their sexual urges and have guilt and shame for them.
They hope that being prayerfull and pious will make God heal them of their perversions..

With pedophiles sometimes its about becoming a trusted community member, and having access to children to groom and then violate them. Hence so many past pedophile Scout Masters.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: April 18, 2012 08:16AM

What can a family actual afford to buy at the church's new mall?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.