Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: movingon29 ( )
Date: April 18, 2012 10:46PM

So, I've been getting really close to finally feeling good about sending in my resignation. I feel like it's time to do it. However, I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool to send that email, then go get a tattoo to commemorate my freedom from TSCC? on the same day? What do y'all think? Any ideas for a symbolic, simple tattoo that will remind me every time I see it that I'm truly free from the Morg? (I'm a guy btw).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 18, 2012 10:54PM

I think you should pick something you've always loved. That way you won't get sick of it years from now, when TSCC is forgotten in your life. The tattoo itself is a commemoration of your freedom because it symbolizes that YOU make the decisions in your life.

That being said...I got a white tattoo cross on my wrist. Partly because I've always loved crosses and partly because it combined two things the church tried to tell me I couldn't like - tattoos and crosses. And partly because I always lost my cross-themed jewelry. I'm really bad at removing jewelry and forgetting where I left it. I put it on my wrist because I wanted it where I could see it and remind myself that I make the decisions in MY life now whenever I needed to. I love it. It's a pretty simple little white cross, hardly noticeable but I think it's perfect for me.

Anything that symbolizes freedom would work for you, IMO.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 12:08AM

Truth
in Gothic font

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 12:38AM

Then get exactly what you want without any regard for TSCC what so ever. Be as compleatly free of the Mormon infulance as you can

Posted by: mistymemories ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 07:31AM

my husband, exbish, got a tatoo on his arm it was chinese symbols meaning courage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.