Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Searching Truth ( )
Date: April 24, 2012 05:27PM

I'm a recruiter for financial services, and have constant pressure to find new recruits/hires. For better or worse, TBM's tend to make good advisors, as they generally have a good circle of influence, good work ethic, sales (oops, I mean mission) experience, integrity, etc.

Anyway, lately, I was interviewing a TBM (guy I know who's in my Mom's ward's bishopric), and we were progressing to the point where I thought he was going to come aboard. At my firm, we actually have a pretty thorough hiring process, where we put someone through multiple interviews, give them assignments to complete, etc. before we offer a position.

So, we were right to the point where I was going to offer him a job, and he's come at me with, "I don't think I'm going to move forward, Searching Truth. I just don't FEEL good about it." He never said he prayed about it, but definitely alluded to not feeling "right" about it.

As a side note, I think this particular guy would be extremely successful here, especially given the job he's at right now, which is a swing shift, and requires him to work Sundays, and has no chance for growth.

Damn you, Spirit...damn you!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.