Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrcoffee84 ( )
Date: April 24, 2012 01:56PM

Not sure if you guys heard about this. It's actually pretty good. Give me your thoughts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/04/23/mormon-parents-gay-it-gets-better_n_1445851.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Easy Rider ( )
Date: April 24, 2012 07:27PM

I think it's great to see any signs of liberalization in the church. I would prefer these people to see the falseness of the church through what they understand about gay people. But if people like this remain in the church, eventually it will move the church towards more secular style faiths like the Episcopal Church. I think that would be better for the members and society in general.

Posted by: apostate j ( )
Date: April 24, 2012 08:29PM

This is awesome. I wonder what the big wigs in the COB think. Whether you love or hate the LDS church, the information age is allowing the members to dictate the direction that they want to go in. Gone are the days that the Qo12 can sit in their ivory tower and "make it so".

The leaders are powerless to stop this, so they remain silent. Sadly its the leaders who should be speaking in "It Gets Better" video, but they are cowards. They need an agenda a way to create fear whether it's gays or drinking coffee, or whatever other tactic they use to control people with fear.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: April 25, 2012 01:59AM

+1

Yes indeed, the leaders are too busy blaming the members for all of the religion's problems to lend meaningful perspective and any kind of love for this or any other contemporary social issue. They are relics of the 1950s, in the worst possible way.

Posted by: ymountain ( )
Date: April 24, 2012 11:15PM

BRAVO!!!! This is great. More power to these people and their families!

Posted by: Jesux of Nazdaq ( )
Date: April 25, 2012 07:03AM

The message is great, but that switching camera angle so often is annoying!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.