Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 04:29PM

the 2 day conference coming up at the South Town expo center ( is that what it's called?- across the street so from Jordan Commons) about the supposed geography of the BOM, put on some apologists I would assume.

It is scheduled for March 31, and April 1. I wish I was running it, I would stand up at the end of the second day and say "April fools, all of you, the BOM is a joke!"

I do not know much, just heard about it from a friend. I wonder what they will come with this time?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2011 04:29PM by think4u.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 04:30PM

Will all the BofM artefacts be on display?

Date: March 10, 2011 04:37PM

I am absolutely positive that every single thing that they have found in the way of evidence will be on display.

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 04:36PM

but you will only be able to see them with your spiritual eyes.

Date: March 10, 2011 04:37PM

haha!

Posted by: sanantonioblue ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 04:54PM

I'd be interested just to see if they have both sides of the Mormon geography groups represented. They really loathe each other.

My wife has a relative who is heavily involved in the book of mormon tours in the Yucatan peninsula. I get a kick out of "sincerely" telling him about the church "scholars" who maintain that the BOM took place in the New York area. He gets so fired up trying to dissuade me from believing in their non-sense, while at the same time trying to fill my head with a pile of equally nonsensical beliefs.

Posted by: Zygar ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 06:02PM

www.ldspromisedland.com/?p=610

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: March 10, 2011 06:17PM

a year or 2 ago I went to a home show bout this same time at south towne and saw the Meldrumites there. Wonder if it's the same group.

Don't know which is more funny—
that these guys are/were (then and now) selling copies of the 1825 edition of View of the Hebrews or that people are paying up to $130.00 for this sillyness. But I guess that's not that high a price to pay to maintain belief— especially when yer already paying 10% of what you make.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.