Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shazam101 ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 04:56PM

While I was sitting in History class at Boise State when my phone rings (vibrates) and it is a number I don't recognize. We were just finishing up a group assignment so I could answer it.
"Hi Bro Shazam, this is Bro So and So, the Elders Quorum secretary and the Elders Quorum presidency wants to meet with you on Thursday nite?" I did not hesitate for one nanosecond. I immediately said no, hung up,and didn't give him an opportunity to try and reschedule. Short, sweet and to the point. I don't need to see them and they don't need to see me. As my daughter would say, "we're done!" Yep, I am!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 05:21PM

Awesome! I'll drink to that!!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 05:32PM

When the Young Women's presidency wanted to come by and visit with my daughter, I told them "No thanks. I've met all three ladies in the presidency before and I know they are nice people. There is no need for them to come by for inspection."

You should have seen the look on the Beehive adviser's face. She never dreamed that a parent would double check to see if the YW leaders were acceptable companions for her daughter nor did she imagine anyone would say no to a visit. It was totally worth it.

And you are right - it did feel good to say no.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 05:35PM

+1

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 08:21PM

Excellent!!!

Good job.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 09:44PM

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 10:18PM

It probably took that guy 3-4 hours of intense prayer-and-scripture-study to counteract the bad spirit of your response.

:-)

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 10:33PM

<snort> I'll bet his 'lil Priesthood sensibilities took a major kick in the shins.

Shazam - that is the only way to handle manipulative pseudo-clergy from a rubbish "religion".

Say "no" and hang up the phone.

Why say more?

Perfect ...

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 10:21PM

I was just in Boise, what a vibrant and wonderful city. I wonder if they saw me drinking Caucasians and Rum and Cokes?

Date: May 01, 2012 11:14PM

I doubt it. Boise is more liberal than Meridian, which is the new Provo. All the Mormons who think they are anyone has moved to Meridian. The can bow their heads and say yes out there! Glad you enjoyed Boise! So much to do here, mountains deserts, lakes, its a great recreation place!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 02:43AM

Wow...I like your spunk. Congrats. My daughter is in the area....yes, a convert. Say, how much of the University is comprised of Mormons? She quit college where I live when she became involved in a relationship with a Mormon. She is now married. Quitting was such a really really dumb thing to do. Has two yrs. down. Sure wish she would finish but not if every soul at the Univ. is Mormon.

Date: May 02, 2012 07:37AM

No, it isn't all Mormon! BSU professors aren't prone to be pro LDS! Most students are not LDS.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 03:06AM

Mormons LOVE the Simon Says paradigm; they THRIVE on it!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.