Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The 1st FreeAtLasth ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 01:48AM

Blackmore CREEPS me out! The slimeb*ll has admitted to marrying 22 females (none in their 50s like him, I'd wager!) and having 47 kids between 2000 and '06 alone (I bet he can't remember their names!). The CBC News report about his attempt to evade paying more taxes and the Canadian govt.'s response is online at http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/04/bc-polygamous-tax-trial.html

The headline of a CTV News (Canada) report nearly three years ago about Blackmore was "B.C. polygamist wedded nine girls under 18" (ref. http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090630/BC_polygamy_blackmore_wives_090630/20090630?hub=BritishColumbiaHome ). The report says: "Four of the girls were only 15 years old when they married Blackmore, who has 101 children and has been married 25 times since 1976."

So MANY abused females in Mormonism-rooted communities over the decades because of horny 'Prophet' Joe!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 01:55AM

Unlike other abusers, you have to wonder about how many of these creepy old men would be chasing underage girls, if they were not emulating their hero Joseph Smith. Not that they are excused for their behavior, but not all of them could possibly stay obsessed with teenagers in any other environment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.