Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 12:09AM

So Obama says its ok and Romney quoted in Colorado as saying its not.

I am heterosexual, but it appears Mitt may have seriously hurt his campaign.

I have administered benefits for various companies who had same gender domestic partnerships on their plans and the whole issue of not allowing a civil union or recognizing common law only cuts the nose off the conservative's face. It gives too much risk and that is passed on to the overall consumers in the form of higher premiums. In other words, because we don't recognize civil unions for homosexuals and we have common law unions, its hard to control the inception dates of these unions and that risk passes on to all consumers regardless.

It don't make logical sense regardless of your stance. People can agree to disagree, but the constitution protects our rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness....Gay or Straight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 12:15AM

Huzzah for Obama. IMHO, adults should be able to marry other adults. Period. Benefits for all marriages should be universal.

Romney's Morg membership may indeed prove to be his Achilles' heel. But hey, the silver lining is his candidacy throws a spotlight on the entire Morg. I don't see a downside to this. :-)

Posted by: SoCalNevermo ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 09:50AM

Please cite chapter and verse of the Constitution where it "protects life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". I can't find it!

Posted by: slatheredtwice ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 08:13PM

You are correct. That phrase might better be described as a founding principal upon which the Constitution is based.

Hey, let's all go out and back the black denying, woman supressing, gueer hating son of righteousness! Power to the stright penis!

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 08:39PM

I suppose it's not the Constitution, but it was the first document produced by the USA.

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 08:40PM

I was quoting Will Smith in the movie the Pursuit of Happiness.

But I think you got the gist of what I was saying.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 09:59AM

Performing a same sex marriage, once legal, is on my bucket list.
I love being on the cutting edge

who am I to judge their bed

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 10:04AM

Gotta give Obama a lot of credit. In many parts of the country, the citizens are ready to riot.

I think it's great. The anti's act like they will be forced to marry the same sex. They're nuts.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: May 11, 2012 03:11AM

Any adults who want to marry and make that committment should be able to. Notice I say ADULTS.
It is so much more normal that having 12 and 13 year old girls forced into polygamous illegal "marriages" with old perverts like JS and many other profits did. This situation doesn't involve TWO ADULTS. Now that's Mitty's background.

Thanks! but personally I'd rather have my parents be gay than lecherous child molesters. The interbreeding have made them dumber than stumps down in So. Utah and AZ too.

Does anyone think the TBMs call one another sister and brother because it makes incest more appealing?

Did anyone happen to catch CNNs report about the corruption in Colorado City? Most corrupt police force in the country...ran entirely by JS types. GAG!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.