Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: May 18, 2012 08:05PM

The person said it pretty matter-of-factly, so much so that it seemed a tacit admission that LDS, Inc. is dealing with its worldwide shrink (or at least global growth slowdown) by turning inward to mine the faithful in its core settlement.

Can't reveal the individual who made the observation due to personal circumstances but judging from all the cult construction currently underway in Utah, it seems pretty obvious that that's what's going on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 03:38AM

Circling the wagons, battening down the hatches, getting ready for the real world that's coming to them via internet and forthcoming presidential campaigning.

My paranoid opinion, anyways.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 04:01AM

That makes perfect sense.

There is no other excuse for the new "MTC" high-rise. THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT.

Also explains the many new utah temples they built.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 08:32AM

I've notice this as well. I live in an area of Utah County that experienced a lot of growth starting about 15 years ago. The majority of people moving in were from out-of-state. They were tired to living in the mission field and wanted to live in Utah with "their people". A lot of the move-ins said they came because they had pre-teens and they wanted their children to only date mormons and the pickins are slim outside of Utah.

Where I work we recruit from a national pool of candidates. More than half of the applicants are mormons who are looking to live in Zion. They are willing to take a cut in pay to come. They are always sure to use mormony language in their interview to make sure we understand they are part of the group.....little do they know that most of us on the hiring committee are non-mormons or exmormons.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 09:04AM

I guess they tried going out and filling up the World, but that didn't work. So they are indeed circling the wagons.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 09:08AM

Wow.... I totally believe they ARE circling the wagons. Makes sense

Hows about high-paying job opportunities next, oh that's right they are trying to lure Apple in.

wow

but they are going to need many many more jobs, but heck, the church has huge amounts of capital to further that end. They have so very many business professionals .. lol

they could like totally take over the legislature... omg the old blue laws returning in force. Prohibition anyone? or that makes too much money to give up...hmmm

Posted by: politicaljunkie ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 09:36AM

So what's up with the NSA building this "data center" in Utah? Pretty creepy if you ask me.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 09:52AM

The NSA will snoop on a shiz load of religious wako "chatter" from Morg employees. The terrorist threat will be off the charts, especially with all the end of days crap.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 10:35AM

The data isn't being acquired in Utah, just stored there. My initial thought was that it was being built in Utah due to the prevalence of language capabilities of returned missionaries, but it actually has nothing to do with languages. Seems like they chose Utah because there is so much open space which is already federal land (Camp Williams) and it's a convenient place to build a secure facility.

Posted by: involved ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 11:10AM

As one who is involved in this and an aspirant to actually be stationed there (unfortunately it doesn't seem to be happening), I can tell you that it's only because the area is cheap and available. It's no reflection on Utah, missionaries, Mormons, or languages. The govt needs a data storage location that meets certain conditions, the biggest one being simple availability, security (set-back from the roads, guards, etc.), and expense (cheaper water, land, and electricity). Under-used military sites are ideal.

Posted by: Tango-1 ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 09:53AM

My Brother-in-law just graduated from BYU, he is from Oregon and wanted to live in Utah. However, he just recently decided to come back to Oregon..why? He says the LDS members in Utah are the worst members he has ever seen...drinking beer on Saturday night..giving talks on Sunday, he says he has had enough of the hypocrisy. My Brother-in-Law is UBER TBM...and takes ALL thing church with such seriousness, he is a great kid but so innocently naive.... My point is that LDS church is circling the wagons and battening down the hatches in Utah for a group of people that don't believe don't live it and worse yet are hypocrites...should be very fun...

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 11:03AM

The other day while driving to the airport with my teenager daughter I all of the sudden said "oh my fetching golly ... that's a Mormon chapel on this block .... wow what a sight and what a fortunate neighborhood" as if I had just seen all 7 wonders of the world at the same time but with an overtone of sarcasm. She was quite underwhelmed by it all as she's well aware of how mormonesque this silly Utah mormondumb culture can be. Then we saw another one on the same block and then another one on the very next block. Lol 3 of those sacred cathedrals within just 1 block. This street must get so hot and muggy due to the overwhelming power of the Spirit's warmth felt on the block that day.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 11:33AM

Overwhelming power of the spirit...my sweet behind.

The Holy Spirit seems powerless to keep the converts paying out in the third world countries where they have been shaking the trees lo these many years.

Since it is, after all, a business, they have analyzed their revenue streams and discovered that intensifying the brainwashing for BIC Mormons to become missionaries and then breaking them in the mission field yields the best results: average four new members per male adult priesthood holder.

And the RM/Virgin marriages continue to pay/obey and pump out babies, so that's where the dollars are best invested.

And, Voila! There you see the MTC being expanded to include rooms for intense interrogation (now legal)....

Anagrammy

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 11:42AM

Speaking of a chapel on every corner...I have seen a few instances where there are 2 chapels in the same parking lot!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 19, 2012 05:31PM

out by the hospital. I think there are 3 or 4 within a block or 2 of each other--5 total in the immediate vicinity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.