Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 12:57AM

I could read: Parenting, cancer booklet (which I did read), the ensign, new era, highlights and what's the younger kid one? oh, the friend I guess.

I was stupid, thinking I would be in and out of there, and didn't bring my cell so I could at least play angry birds.

This is in utah of course. But what was funny is the music they had on, it was a local radio station and it was classic rock. I liked it. I forgot to ask the doctor who chooses that, but I bet it was him, he is the right age for it.

Oh, and my feet are very fucked up. Finally a partial explanation to my pain and inability to do much of anything, especially stand or walk for very long. I went to other doctors who never ever explained what was going on, so I guess I can put up with the church mags for now. I was in there 2 hours though, so next time I bring my phone!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 01:01AM

put a Miracle of Forgiveness book jacket on it.

It will make people wonder what you've been up to.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 01:01AM

A book
A pad of paper and writing instrument
A Nintendo DS

I like to entertain myself. :)

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 01:36AM

This is why they make the Kindle.

Posted by: wisewoman ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 01:40AM

I hope you don't have diabetes.

Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 01:49AM

Can't afford a kindle, darn it. Oh, and thanks for the concern. I don't have diabetes, though it is genetic and I'm not healthy. I have extremely flat feet, and since no one ever told me to do anything about them (well, my parents didn't have money, etc) I am now having serious troubles.

All my bones are in the wrong place now, I have severe arthritis in the joint I guess. I don't know which one. So, I haven been doing damage for 45 years, and now I have to do something about it. Sigh. I'm excited though, maybe if I treat it right then the rest of my pain issues will get better.

I must admit I almost picked up the new era just to see the bullshit they are feeding teens nowadays. I'm so glad I got my son out when he was 6. He is 15 now, and though he is a pain in the ass, he doesn't have to feel guilty about being a normal teenage boy. Maybe I'll pick it up next time...

Posted by: southern ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 02:02AM

hey nomomomo, just a thought on the flat feet, I also have fallen arches and I used to have severe plantar fasciatis. When podiatrists could essentially do nothing for me but make me wear expensive insoles and shoes constantly, I put myself on a barefoot only self-therapy. It's been four years of being barefoot almost 100% of the time and the plantar fasciatis is completely gone (unless I wear western style shoes and then it flares right up of course). My arches are now about a half inch off the ground which is amazing for me, they used to touch completely. I know everyone's body is different, I'm younger than you and have not had to deal with arthritis, but perhaps barefooting would be something worth looking into?

I just got so tired of being told over and over that my feet were somehow defective and that I could never do without shoes. Bucking the system entirely worked for me... I wonder if barefoote therapy could be incorporated into your treatment? Maybe walking on sand or soft soil daily, that sort of thing... What my feet needed was to function uninhibited and regain some of their strength and natural form. I still pronate like crazy, twisted heels and all, but the majority of the pain is gone after years and years of suffering :D

sorry to get so o/t :>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2012 02:03AM by southern.

Posted by: BadSheep ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 03:17AM

Just wanted to add my two sense about the barefoot thing. My knees are trashed from years of running in the army. For the past 12 years, I've been running with knee pain. I just figured I'd have to deal with it, even though I'm only 32. I did some research into the barefoot movement and I'm now running in Vibrams FiveFingers shoes. They are called minimalist running shoes and they try to mimick bare feet. No more knee pain for me. They are worth looking into if you have feet pain/problems.

Posted by: footdoc ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 08:27AM

I barefoot run and walk for my knee pain as well. I don't want to give medical advice on this forum, but barefooting can strengthen the atrophied muscles in our feet that shrink and grow weak from years of supportive footwear use. It can improve your arches as well, just make sure you go slow with it, the foot muscles and tendons can be very weak and require time to strengthen. If you have severe deformities then do not consider barefooting without consulting your podiatrist first.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 09:07AM

You always could of amused yourself by writing commentary into the margins of the Ensign articles. If you can't think of something witty, you could have always fallen back to drawing penises on the GAs.

Posted by: goatsgotohell ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 01:08AM

I think next visit you need to leave some reading material behind - maybe a Cosmo with a less-dressed model and some good teasers like "Sex moves to make your man cry for more." Send a subtle message...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.