Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 04:50PM

Annointed one: " I want the truth!"

Jeff: "You can't handle the truth! You went to a church that has rules and those rules have to be guarded with powerful spiritual feelings. Who is going to do it? You Annointed one? A deacon, a priest? No. It is my job!. I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for truth while you curse the doctrine. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the constant lying while tragic, keeps the church together, and the 15's existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, keeps the church together. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me spinning the truth, you need me spinning the truth.

We use words like covenant, gospel, doctrine. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending our crazy ass religion. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to anyone who questions my methods of keeping people paying and believing in the cult that makes them feel good, and then questions the manner in how we provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and pray, pay, and obey.

Otherwise, I suggest you start your own religion, and try to grow as fast as we mormons have. Either way, I don't give a damn what you really want."

Annointed one: "Do you know the truth?"

Jeff: "You're Goddamn right I do!"

Annointed one: "Doesn't that feel better Jeff?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AnonandAnon ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 05:27PM

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 05:33PM

Loved that movie.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 06:09PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.