Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: monkeyman ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 03:35PM

So there was this really nice muslim family living next door to my not so nice mormon one...

They didnt even know us at all and one xmas they brought us some sort of basket or something with all kinds of goodies and stuff. A token of friendship, goodwill and kindness. They were such nice people. My dad walked up to their door the next day and smugly handed them a book of mormon! It was such a rotten thing to do. I know i shouldnt be laughing so hard about it right now but i just remembered it. It's like, ok... not only did he not give them anything in return, it would have been better if he had never done anything at all! Man oh man do I feel bad about the people that had to stomach me when I was a lying, smug, snot nosed little mormon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 04:38PM

! Sorry.. but your father was being completely disrespectful. Mormons need to learn their manners! Sigh... I'll admit, Im giggling at the stupidity tho.

Posted by: jenn ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 09:39PM

Sometimes I give away things I don't want anymore too

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 09:40PM

"This is why people don't like Mormons." - Mia

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 03:43AM

Some homemade cookies or pies would have been nicer for sure.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 11:35AM

Hahahaha come on, though... you have to admit, that is HILARIOUS. I can only wonder about the conversation they must have had once the door was closed.

Muslims make for some of the best neighbors there are. I had some from Iraq growing up for a few years--they had done quite well here, but still spent a majority of their time helping everyone else out. The wife used to bake me a cake EVERY birthday I had, and for everyone else on the street. I miss those guys.

I remember after 9/11, Ali (the father) was a little nervous, and my ultra-redneck neighbor on the other side of him said, "now don't you worry, Ali... if any of these ig'nant people gives you any trouble, I got me my Smith & Wesson and we'll teach 'em a thing or two about loving one's neighbor."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.