Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: peter ( )
Date: June 02, 2012 03:38AM

...and of course, it was on the LAST day of the month. And her hair was sopping wet. It was like she got out of the shower and suddenly remembered she had some shit to get done or she'd have to face the wrath of the RSP. She left some zucchini chocolate chip muffins with DW along with the following quote:

"We can be delivered from the ways of evil and wickedness by turning to the teachings of the holy scriptures." -Elder L. Tom Perry

So, her idea of reactivating my happily-apostate wife is to passive-aggressively tell her she's wicked and call her to repentance?

I'll never understand them. Never.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2012 03:40AM by peter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: June 02, 2012 11:08AM

RS sisters have to visit everybody on their list during the month. The RS tracks their stats because they have to report to the PH. If VTs fail, they get called into meetings and shamed/guilted. Then, they get re-assigned with less desirable companions, to less-desirable sisters, then eventually to the completely inactive ones.

Everybody knows. It's a subject of RS gossip. The VTs probably feel inadequate and guilty themselves, so it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy to look down on your DW and label her as "wicked." They get bonus brownie points for leaving smarmy messages and nasty baked goods.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: June 02, 2012 11:12AM

This is just so unbelieveable. I know many of you don't understand how mainstream churches stay out of your business and out of your personal and family decisions. But if only all Mormons could experience that for a month they would see how horrible the personalities of Mormon "leaders" truly are to shame people like this. I would have thrown the paper back in her face. And those who accept such "duties" to harrass people are as bad as the ones who encourage such scripture to be given to people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.