Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Justbnme ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 02:24PM

In another thread, Benjamin espoused his views on those that disagree with his religious point of view and his distain for us and our community.

Sadly, I think this is a prime example of how TMS's look at those that have rejected Mormonism, TSCC or anyone who dares to have a world view other than that of a TBM:

1) Benjamin came into our community to chastise us
- I find this akin to someone one of us taking a turn during fast and testimony meeting. I'm sure Ben et al would find that highly intrusive, disruptive and alarming. The lack of respect and self assumed righteousness is sickening.

2) Ben suggests RFM should be shut down
- No respect for other's ideas, free speech or right to assemble. Nope, it challenges his views so it should be locked down. He has the truth, so we all need to bow to his view of the cosmos.

3) TBM "crash landing"; assume the position: I am a victim.
- "This website depicts me and my faith as a joke and/or a drug that is in desperate need of 'recovery'". Thats right Ben, this isn't about us, our journey or experiences. This isn't about a place to gather and share ideas, experiences and healing thru a community of common travail. This isn't about destroyed homes, relationships, heart ache and the pain that comes from knowing we've been lied to. No, this is about you. You caught us. We did this whole thing just to shit on your world and myopic view of religion.

4) "And when the end comes, which i believe is in my lifetime, do you want to be judged by the Lord for putting down your fellow man?"
- Kettle, meet pot; pot, meet kettle.

5) "Mormons don't think they are better than anyone else"
- Yes, you do. TBMs believe doctrinally, socially and morally that they are superior to everyone else. You are the select few that have the truth; all others are beneath you. We are seen as worse than anyone else you can ever encounter; we left the one and only true church. We are a threat to you. We scare you. We challenge everything you are and believe simply by existing. That is the exact reason you want this site shut down. You distain us.

6)"When you realize that the devil himself keeps you from reading the book, you will open your eyes."
- Yes, Ben, we scare you so much that the only way you can rationalize our existence is to declare and "know" (like so many other things you "know" in your 19 years of existence) that we are possessed by the devil. Satan has taken control of our lives, minds and souls. You see, that must be true in order for you to live in your bubble, comfortably.

Here's the take home message. We are all painted as "them" by TBMs. By making us "them", we are dehumanized, categorized, and placed in a moral holding tank where we can not threaten the group think of TSCC and it's true blue members. We are robbed of our individual dignity and value as humans because we dare believe something other than their narrative.

We are the devil. We are the bogey man. We are worse than anything they can imagine. We are anti-mormons.

So Ben, you'll never see me as a loving father of four children, an adoring husband, a hard working member of society, a professional that works daily in a profession that changes the outcome for cancer patients around the world. No, I'm not a shunned brother, nephew and son. I am am exactly as you and the vast majority of TBM's I have encountered paint me.

I am an anti-mormon.

And a proud one, at that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 02:31PM

Bejamin, that oh-so-charming and religious young fellow, is a bully and a bigot.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 02:40PM

My hat is off to you justbnme.

I had to read it twice it is such a beautiful response not just to Ben but to the whole TBM faction who actually think they are not only superior now but always were as the most valiant in the supposed war in heaven--finally descending to earth to claim their rightful place as Heavenly Father's chosen.

Your post was a great match for their formidable arrogance.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 02:46PM

We can deduce from Ben's tantrum-

He's marginally educated.

He's insecure.

He's naive.

He's immature/adolescent.

He doesn't begin to know the breadth and depth of exmormon experience.

He's less than empathetic.

He's not a critical thinker.

This kid is, well, stupid. But I don't blame him. The church is crafted to take advantage of vulnerable states of mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2012 02:47PM by amos2.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 05:21PM

Ben is a 'Victim' of the LDS cult and he will have a very hard landing when he realises he has been lied to by the very people he was taught that he could trust with all his heart and might and life.

Heartbreaking to read such naive and dumb responses.

Posted by: hellrazor ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 08:51PM

The worst part of Benny's little trolling: I remember times when I shared the same self-righteous, pro-Mormon attitude.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 09:04PM

Posted by: slatheredtwice ( )
Date: June 02, 2012 12:21PM

It appears to me that Benjamin is only trying to convince himself. My guess is that the doubts have only begun and in time he will be out of the morg. I just hope it is before he invests more of himself and his life gets too tangled.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.